Are you experiencing slow performance, lag, stuttering, or crashes when playing Call Of Duty Vanguard due to high CPU usage?
The CPU or central processing unit is a computer’s brain and it’s an important component as other components such as graphics card and RAM rely on your CPU’s directions. If the CPU is malfunctioning when you’re gaming, issues such as stuttering, lag, or random crashes may occur.
How to fix High CPU Usage on Call Of Duty Vanguard?
Below are the solutions that you can try if you have a high CPU usage issue on your PC when playing COD Vanguard.
Fix #1: Restart your PC.
Rebooting your system is a classic troubleshooting instruction for all sorts of issues. This is a usually effective solution if the cause of the problem is a minor bug that may have developed after leaving the system running for a long time.
Fix #2: Close other applications.
If other apps are open when you play COD Vanguard, try closing them to see if that will reduce the load on your CPU. To do this, open the Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), select the program you want to close, then hit the End Task button.
Fix #3: Update the drivers.
If the High CPU Usage issue still won’t go away, try updating your drivers. Drivers are the software needed by your particular hardware such as the graphics card in order to work properly. If drivers are outdated, incompatibility issues may occur.
The easiest way to keep the software environment of your PC updated, including the graphics drivers, is by going to Settings > Updates & Security > Check for Updates.
Fix #4: Tweak COD Vanguard graphics settings.
If you’re running the game on High or Ultra Graphics Quality settings, try to see if using lower quality settings will help. Just go to COD Vanguard Settings > Graphics > Quality and use a Low or Medium Quality Presets.
Fix #5: Set application Priority level to Normal.
Windows set games to launch at High priority by default but if you’re running a slower machine, changing the priority may help.
Some players have reported that their gaming experience with COD Vanguard has improved after changing the Priority level of the game in Task Manager. Here’s how it’s done:
- While the game is running, open Task Manager by pressing Control + Shift + ESC.
- Click on the Details tab.
- Search for and right-click on Vanguard.exe.
- Highlight Set Priority and Select Normal.
- Click on Change Priority to confirm it.
- Reboot the PC and check for the problem again.
Fix #6: Turn off the NVIDIA overlay feature.
Some players who are running the NVIDIA overlay to record, stream, or capture screenshots are reporting that the game seems to slow down. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, try to disable this feature to see if that will help.
Here’s what you can do:
- Open the Geforce Experience application.
- Click on Settings inside the interface.
- Click on the General tab.
- Turn off the In-Game Overlay toggle.
- Close both the window and the game.
- Close and launch the COD Vanguard again to check if it continues to cause high CPU usage.
Fix #7: Change your Power Options.
Some power settings can throttle the speed of your CPU whether you’re on a laptop. You can optimize the PC by selecting the High Performance option instead of Power Saver. Here’s what you need to do:
- Click the Start menu and type “Edit Power Plan”.
- Click “Edit Power Plan”.
- Once open, click Power Options in the address bar at the top of the window.
- Click Show additional plans, then click High Performance plan.
Fix #8: Reinstall Windows.
If the rest of your games work fine and you’re only having the High CPU Usage issue with COD Vanguard, it’s likely caused by a Windows problem.
If you happen to have a restore point from before the time your CPU issues began, try using it. But because Windows turns System Protection off by default, most of us don’t.
In that case, your last resort may be to reinstall Windows. This can be a long process, but can also potentially resolve CPU usage issues caused by software.
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES:
- How To Report Cheaters In Call Of Duty Vanguard | Quick & Easy Steps
- How To Fix COD Vanguard DirectX Unrecoverable Error On PC | 2021
- How To Fix Battlefield 2042 Crashing On PC | Easy Solutions 2021
- How To Fix COD Vanguard FPS Drop | Easy Fix 2021
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.