When Google Meet has no sound during video calls or meetings, you cannot hear users on the other end, and it seems like there have been some users who encountered this problem. It can be pretty annoying to have this kind of issue but it’s not really that serious, especially if it’s just an issue with the app and not the hardware.
However, if there’s a problem with your phone’s hardware, then that will make things a little complicated. That’s why we need to find out why you can no longer hear users during a meeting. To do so, we need to consider all possibilities and rule them out one after another. Continue reading as we may be able to help.
Google Meet Has No Sound
Time Needed : 9 minutes
For this problem, we have to find out if this is a problem with the hardware or just the app. Here’s what you should do:
- Force restart your phone
If you were able to use the app without a problem prior to this issue, then try doing the forced restart to refresh your phone’s memory and reload all applications and services.
Most of the time, if the problem is just due to a minor firmware issue, then this would be enough to make things work the way they should.
1. To do this, press and hold the volume down button and the power key for 10 seconds. This will force your phone to power itself down and turn back on.
2. When the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the device has finished rebooting.
Once the reboot is finished, try opening Google Meet, create a video call and see if the audio is now working properly.
- Test the speakers
What you need to do next is make sure the microphone and speakers are working properly. To do that, just play any music track through the loudspeakers.
It means that you may need to disconnect your headsets. It’s also better to just disable Bluetooth to make sure that the audio output isn’t channeled through a wireless device.
If your phone plays the audio without any issue through the loudspeaker, then move on to the next solution.
However, if the loudspeaker isn’t working, you need to have the phone checked.
- Reinstall Google Meet
After making sure that the problem isn’t with the loudspeakers, then what you have to do next is remove the app from your phone. This will remove all its files that may have been corrupted. Once it’s uninstalled, download a fresh copy from the Play Store to make sure you have the latest version.
1. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to pull up the app drawer.
2. Go to the screen where the Google Meet application is located.
3. Tap and hold on its icon until options show.
4. Tap Uninstall and confirm it.
5. Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the Play Store.
6. Search for ‘meet’ and tap the Google Meet app.
7. Tap Install and wait until the phone has finished installing the app.
Once the app is successfully reinstalled, try creating a video call and see if the problem is fixed.
- Google Meet
We have encountered similar issues in the past and we know that the solutions above will cover everything and make the app work perfectly again. However, there are instances wherein the problem is with the firmware and issues like this are simply one of the symptoms. So if that’s the case with your device, you have no other choice but to reset your phone.
A reset will delete all your personal files stored in your phone’s internal storage, so make sure to create a backup. When ready, follow these steps to reset your phone:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap the Settings icon.
- Find and tap General management.
- Touch Reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap Reset.
- If prompted, enter your PIN, Password or Pattern.
- Finally, tap Delete all.
When the reset is done, set up your phone properly.
You may also try checking the G suite of meet google website (https://meet.google.com) through a Chrome browser in a Windows 10 computer. You may configure the system preferences like speaker settings according to your taste. Just Right click on the tab and check if you have the “unmute” option at the right corner. You can also use alternative options such as Google Hangouts meet application for the meantime.