Some Android users are complaining about Google Duo camera not working properly on their phones. A problem like this will be very annoying as you won’t be able to video chat as the user on the other end won’t be able to see you. However, don’t worry because this isn’t really a serious problem. In fact, you may be able to fix it by doing one or a couple of procedures.
In this article, we will guide you on how to fix your phone that’s bugged by the Google Duo that does not work properly. We will try to look into the possibilities as to why the camera isn’t working with the app. So if you have this problem, continue reading as we may be able to help.
Google Duo Camera Not Working On Android
Time Needed : 12 minutes
Most of the time, when an app cannot use a core service properly, it’s due to a minor firmware glitch or its permissions. So here’s what you need to do if this happens:
Before anything else, make sure that this isn’t just due to a minor firmware issue or glitch. Most of the time, when the issue is minor, a forced restart will be able to take care of it. Here’s how:
1. Press and hold the volume down button and the power key for 10 seconds. This will force your phone to power itself down and turn back on.
2. When the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the device has finished rebooting.
When the restart is finished, open Duo and make a video call.
Check the permission
If everything is working fine on your device except this app that has a problem making the camera work, then it’s probably just due to a permission issue. Check the permissions of the app to make sure it’s allowed to use the camera.
1. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to pull up the app drawer.
2. Go to the screen where the Duo app is located.
3. Tap and hold on its icon until options show.
4. Tap App info.
5. Scroll down to find Permissions and tap on it.
6. The next screen will show you the services that the app is allowed to access.
7. Make necessary changes and then try using Duo again.
Reset Google Duo
After making sure that the app is allowed to use the camera yet it doesn’t work properly, then it’s time you reset Duo. You can do so by deleting its cache and data, which will bring it back to its default settings and configuration. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Go to the screen where the Duo icon is located.
2. Tap and hold on the Duo icon until options show.
3. Tap App info.
4. Touch Storage.
5. Tap Clear cache.
6. Now, tap Clear data and touch OK to confirm.
When it comes to problems like this, the solutions above will fix it provided that your phone does not have any signs of physical or liquid damage.
- Google Duo
However, if the Google Duo camera not working even after doing those procedure, then it’s possible that the problem is with your phone itself. What you have to do next is launch the camera alone and try to take pictures or record short videos to test if it’s working just fine. If it does, then there’s no problem with it and you need to reset your device as it’s probably a firmware issue. Here’s how you reset your device:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap the Settings icon.
- Find and tap General management.
- Touch Reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap Reset.
- If prompted, enter your PIN, Password or Pattern.
- Finally, tap Delete all.
On the other hand, if the camera is not working on its own, then it might be a hardware problem and you need a technician to check the phone for you.
I hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful. Please support us by subscribing to our Youtube channel.