Are you having a problem accessing the Parental Controls because of an incorrect PIN on your Nintendo Switch? If you do, then you are on the right track. In this guide, we will provide the steps on how to locate or reset when you forget the Parental Control PIN for the console.
What is Parental Controls?
Kids can play a variety of games and purchase anything they want on Nintendo eShop with just a few clicks on their console. With these features that can be easily accessed, parents and guardians have the option to turn on the Parental Controls function and create a PIN to give kids certain limits on their Nintendo Switch.
How to Locate A Forgotten Parental Controls PIN
If you forget the Parental Control PIN for your console, you have the option to locate or reset the PIN. Follow the steps to identify the correct PIN without resetting the PIN below. Take note that this option is only applicable when the console is linked to the Parental Controls App on your smart device.
- Launch the Parental Controls App.
- Select Settings located at the top right corner.
- Tap PIN. The correct PIN should show under Current PIN.
How to Reset A Parental Controls PIN
If the Nintendo Switch is not linked to the Parental Controls Application, you can reset the PIN from the console instead. The detailed steps are shown below for your reference.
- Go to the Home screen of your console.
- Select System Settings.
- Tap Parental Controls.
- Tap Parental Controls Settings.
- Press the X button found on the right Joy con.
- Choose Next.
- Choose Next again.
- Press the plus (+) or minus (–) sign Button to choose Forgot PIN.
Take note of the Inquiry Number reflected as this will be required to reset the PIN.
- Contact Nintendo Customer Support and provide the Inquiry Number to get a master key to be used to reset your PIN.
- Press Enter Master Key on your screen to type in the number given by the Nintendo representative.
- Create a set of numbers for your new Parental Controls PIN.
- Press the Home button to close the System Settings section.
Other interesting articles:
- How To Change PS5 Online Status | Appear Offline | NEW 2020!
- How To Fix COD Black Ops Cold War Unable To Join Party Error | 2020
- How to Fix Nintendo Switch 2137-8056 Error | NEW 2020!
- How To Fix COD Black Ops Cold War Slow Download | NEW 2020!
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.