Discord is a free VoIP applications available that’s popular among the gaming community. The best feature is that you can use the web or dedicated app to do voice, video chats or send text messages to your video game teammates thereby creating a lively game community. Also, Discord Screen Share feature enables to share your screen with other players. While this is quite a stable platform there are some issues that you might experience when you use discord screen share feature. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we tackle the Discord Screen Share Black Screen Error
Fixing Discord Screen Share Black Screen Error
There are several factors that can cause this particular problem ranging from administrative access to hardware acceleration and software bugs to an issue with your server. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting method that you need to do to fix Share Error Issue.
End Discord App from Task Manager
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 4 minutes
The first thing that you will need to do in this case is to End the task from task manager. This means Locating an app, stopping the process running on the background and restarting it again sometimes fix app related issues.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC on your keyboard
You can press and hold a couple of keys before pressing the third one and it will still give you the same result.
Click Process tab
Most of the time, it's already selected.
Select Discord to highlight
Scroll through the list of process and find Discord.
Click End task
It's located at the bottom-right corner of the window and will force stop whatever service you've selected. There are times when you have to stop similar services for an application to stop working.
- Task Manager
- Windows 10
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting method listed below it’s best to restart your computer first. This action refreshes the operating system and removes any corrupt temporary data that could be causing the problem.
Run Discord as an administrator mode
To be able to make changes to your application you need to give administrative access. This will allow it to use computer resources that it could not access with its current access level.
- Press Windows + E to launch the File Explorer. Navigate to the directory where Discord is installed on your computer. The default install location is inside Local Disk C’s Program Files.
- Right-click on the application’s executable and select Properties.
- Click Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an Administrator.
- Click Apply
- Launch Discord
Try to check if Check if Black Screen share issue still occurs.
Turn off Hardware Acceleration
It is a feature that improves the performance of app however there are instances when it can cause certain issues. To check if this is what’s causing the problem you should try turning off hardware acceleration.
- Open Google Chrome
- Click three vertical dots at the top right side of the screen.
- Click Settings
- Click Advanced.
- Under System section, make sure to uncheck “Use hardware acceleration when available”
Update Graphics Card Driver
One of the reasons that the issue occurs when using discord screen share is because of a corrupt or outdated graphics driver. It is recommended to update your graphics drivers to the use our latest version.
If you have an NVIDIA graphics card then follow these steps.
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard,
- Type “msconfig” in the dialogue box and press Enter or OK to open System Configuration.
- Press the Boot tab. Under Boot options, check Safe boot then press OK. When you’re prompted to restart your computer to apply these changes, press Restart then you will boot into Safe Mode.
- Go to your local hard disk by clicking on This PC then Local Disk C then Programs files folder. You should be able to see the NVIDIA folder there. Right clicking on it and choose Delete.
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the run box press Enter or click on OK
- Expand the “Display Adapters” field. This will list all network adapters that the machine has installed.
- Right click on the Nvidia adapter you want to uninstall and select “Uninstall”.
- Click “OK” when prompted to uninstall the device.
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” in the dialogue box and press Enter or click OK
- Click Boot tab. Under Boot options, uncheck Safe boot then click OK. When you’re prompted to restart your computer to apply these changes, click Restart
- Download the latest NVIDIA driver for your computer.
- Run the setup file and follow the instructions . Make sure to choose Custom installation option
- Check the box “perform clean install”.
- Restart your computer to apply changes on update made.
Reset the network configurations
The problem may be caused by an issue with your network settings, the solution to that to that is to reset the network configurations on your PC.
- Type “command prompt” at Search bar
- Right click command prompt result and click Run as Administrator.
- Type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
- Type ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ then press Enter.
- Type ‘ipconfig /renew’ then press Enter.
- Restart your computer
Try to check if Black Screen issue still occurs
Clear Discord Cache To fix Discord Screen Share Black Screen
There are times when data’s stored on your application gets corrupted that can cause issues on your discord screen. To fix this, you can try to clear cache data.
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard
- Type “%appdata%” in the dialogue box and press Enter or OK.
- Locate Discord folder and highlight
- Press Delete key from your Keyboard
- Restart Discord .
Try to check if Error After Discord Screen Sharing issue still occurs
Update Discord Application
Bugs and software glitches is considered to be one of the causes of screen share black screen on discord. Updating your application to the latest version can help fix this problem.
- Right click Discord shortcut.
- Select Run as Administrator from the drop down menu
- At Discord window, hold CTRL and R Key on your keyboard.
- Discord will automatically restart and download any update available
Check if Discord Screen Share now working.
- Press Start Menu
- Click on Settings icon
- Select Update & Security
- Click Check for updates
- Wait for the update to complete.
Try to check if Discord Screen Share issue still occurs
Reinstall Discord To fix Discord Screen Share Black Screen
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should reinstall Discord.
- Press Windows + R
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Search for the entry of Discord and highlight
- Select “Uninstall” at the upper portion of the screen
- Restart your computer
- Go to https://discordapp.com/download
- Download and install the discord .
Check if Discord Screen Share now working.