Are you having Huawei P30 No Signal issue? If your Huawei P30 is losing signal intermittently or permanently, you must do a number of steps to determine where the cause lies. Follow our troubleshooting steps in this guide to fix the problem.
Real fix for Huawei P30 No Signal | troubleshooting network issues on Huawei P30
Fixing Huawei P30 No Signal issue is not that difficult but there are a number of things that you have to do. There can be a number of possible reasons for it so a set of logical troubleshooting steps must be performed. Learn what you can do to fix No Signal on your Huawei P30.
Huawei P30 No Signal fix #1: Confirm network is up
If you have a Huawei P30 No Signal issue, the first troubleshooting step that you must do is to check whether or not it’s a network problem. This means checking if the signal has completely disappeared, or if it’s going out intermittently. If it’s totally gone, which means that there’s no signal indicator at all, confirm if it’s a network issue by using another phone. If you know someone that uses the same network operator as you, try to ask if his or her phone has a signal.
On the other hand, if the signal is intermittent, that can mean that other factors are at play. Continue with the troubleshooting below to narrow down the causes.
Huawei P30 No Signal fix #2: Check the SIM card
One of the basic factors that you also need to check at this point is the SIM card. You can do so by turning off your phone and removing the SIM card temporarily. After that, wait for a few seconds before inserting the SIM card again. If it helps, make sure to also clean the SIM card by wiping its copper contacts before you re-insert it. SIM cards rarely go bad but total failure is not unheard of. In most cases, an account issue can be the reason why a SIM card may not work properly. At other times, it can be physical damage or dirt that sticks on the copper contacts. Either way, the best way to check if the SIM card works fine is by getting a new one. If possible, try visiting your local carrier store and see if you can get a SIM card replacement. Make sure to ask for directions how to keep your number to avoid causing account problems. If getting a new SIM card is a bit too much, try to insert your current SIM to another compatible phone and see if it works. If it does, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
Huawei P30 No Signal fix #3: Perform a soft reset
Restarting a device can sometimes do wonders. Make sure that you forced restart your phone if none of the suggestions has worked so far. Try to do a forced reboot by pressing and holding the Power key for 10 to 15 seconds. If your phone works, it should reboot and you should feel a vibration and see the Huawei logo. In case you do not feel the vibration and the screen is still blank, then simply press and hold the Power Key for more time until you see the device restart itself.
If nothing changes after attempting to reboot the device a few times, you can abandon this troubleshooting and proceed to the next ones below.
Huawei P30 No Signal fix #4: Reset network settings
A Huawei device can sometimes encounter network troubles if network settings are incorrect. This doesn’t mean that you personally made some incorrect changes. Sometimes, an app or update can lead to changes that’s not optimal for other apps or for the Operating System. Bad network configuration may occur for a lot of reasons. What you can do now is to ensure that you return all network settings to their defaults so the system can use them moving forward. To reset all network settings, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Advanced settings.
- Scroll to and tap Backup & reset.
- Select Network Settings Reset from the given options.
- If prompted, read the warning message and then tap Network Settings Reset twice to confirm.
Allow your device to finish resetting network settings and restore the default values. When it’s done resetting network settings, reboot your phone then reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
Huawei P30 No Signal fix #5: Manually switch to another network mode
Sometimes, manually selecting a network is a good fix for Huawei P30 No Signal issue. Make sure that you try this step to see if the problem goes away afterwards.
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Wireless and networks.
- Tap Mobile network.
- Tap Preferred Network type.
- Select a slower network mode.
- Restart the phone.
- Repeat steps 1-4.
- Select the fastest available network.
- Check for the problem.
Huawei P30 No Signal fix #6: Check signal on Safe Mode
Sometimes, a third party app may cause problems or interfere with the Operating System. Having network troubles due to a bad app is not unheard of in Huawei devices. Restart the phone to safe mode and see if that’s the case. In safe mode, no third party app should be able to run. So, if wifi works normally on safe mode, you can bet a bad third party app is to blame. Here’s how to boot it to safe mode:
- Power off the device.
- Power it back on.
- Once you see the Huawei animation on the screen press and hold Volume Down button.
- You can see safe mode at the bottom left corner once the device finishes booting.
- Now that the device has started on safe mode, charge it and see if there’s a difference.
Don’t forget: safe mode blocks third party apps but it won’t tell you which of them is the real cause. If you think that there’s a rogue third party app in the system, you must identify it. Here’s what you need to do exactly:
- Boot to safe mode.
- Check for the problem.
- Once you’ve confirmed that a third party app is to blame, you can start uninstalling apps individually. We suggest that you begin with the most recent ones you added.
- After you uninstall an app, restart the phone to normal mode and check for the problem.
- If your Huawei P30 is still problematic, repeat steps 1-4.
Huawei P30 No Signal fix #7: Install carrier updates
Some network problems can only be fixed by changing software codes. If your device is still showing No Signal issue at this point, make sure that you install whatever available software update there is at the moment. If there’s no any available update at all, then simply ignore this suggestion. Some network problems can only be fixed by changing software codes. If your device is still showing No Signal issue at this point, make sure that you install whatever available software update there is at the moment. If there’s no any available update at all, then simply ignore this suggestion. Here’s how to manually check for software updates on the P30:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap System.
- Select System Update.
- Tap the option to Check for Updates.
To check for any pending app updates you’ve downloaded through the Google Play Store app, launch Play Store then navigate to the Updates section. You will then see a list of apps with pending updates. Just tap on Update to install individual app updates or tap Update All to update apps simultaneously.
Don’t forget to reboot/soft reset your P30 after installing updates to ensure all new software changes are properly implemented and to prevent any app from going rogue.
Huawei P30 No Signal fix #8: Wipe cache partition
In order to load apps quickly, Android stores frequently used items like website links, images, videos, ads, among others in a part in internal storage called cache partition. Sometimes, these items collectively called system cache may get outdated or corrupted causing performance problems or bugs. To ensure that you phone runs efficiently and the cache in top shape, you want to regularly clear the cache partition (about once every few months). When dealing with any app issue, this can also be one of the troubleshooting steps. Here’s how to do it:
- With your phone turned off, press and hold both the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds.
- Let go of the buttons when the Honor logo appears.
- Shortly after seeing the logo, the EMUI screen shows up with the recovery mode options.
- Press the Volume Down button to scroll to and highlight Wipe cache partition option.
- Then press the Power button to confirm selection.
- Use the Volume buttons to scroll to and highlight the next options and Power button to confirm selection.
Huawei P30 No Signal fix #9: Factory reset
The final troubleshooting step that you can perform on your Huawei P30 is to wipe the phone with factory reset. Doing a factory reset will delete your personal data so be sure to back them up ahead of time. Follow the steps below to begin the factory reset:
- Turn off the mobile by pressing the Power key for a few moments.
- Press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons for a couple of seconds.
- When Recovery Mode appears let go of all keys.
- Now choose “wipe data/factory reset”. Use Volume buttons to navigate and the Power key to accept it.
- Confirm the operation by typing in “yes” and select “wipe data/factory reset”.
- When you see the Google Verification info confirm the operation by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”.
- Finally choose “reboot system now” by using the Power key.
Huawei P30 No Signal fix #10: Get help from your network operator
If nothing changes after a factory reset and No Signal issue still occurs, the cause of the problem must be something outside the device. Be sure to talk to your network operator about the problem.