Bluetooth devices transmits and or receives Bluetooth signals from other Bluetooth enabled products, these are called Bluetooth receivers. Although Bluetooth capacity can varies with model and brand of the product. Bluetooth speakers, home theaters, headphones are some of the example of Bluetooth receivers. Receivers simply means, it receives signals from a Bluetooth transmitter such as a smartphone or mobile device and from a computer. Connecting to a Bluetooth device is an easy and simple process, there are however instances where certain issues can occur such as Soundlink Revolve+ from Bose can’t connect to a device. In here, we will talk about Soundlink Revolve + and the recommended troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix connection issues.
What to do if Bose Soundlink Revolve+ can’t connect to a Bluetooth device
There are several causes why Bluetooth speaker could not connect to a device ranging from Bluetooth settings not enabled, the distance of speaker and device is not within range, pairing not correctly done, bugs in the software and outdated versions.
Here are some of Bose Soundlink Revolve+ specification details”
- Dimensions: 5.97″ H x 3.24″ W x 3.24″ D
- Weight: 1.5 lbs
- Input: 3.5mm auxiliary input
- Output: Micro-B USB port
- Wireless range: 30 feet (9 meters)
- Battery life: 12 hours
- Colors available: Triple Black and Lux Silver
Listed below are troubleshooting methods to fix Soundlink Revolve+ Bluetooth speaker can’t connect to Bluetooth.
Posts you might like
Method 1: Make sure Bluetooth is enabled
A pretty obvious reason why speaker cannot connect to a device is because Bluetooth is not enabled. Bluetooth speaker will be visible for pairing and connecting once Bluetooth is enabled
To enable Bluetooth:
- Press power button on speaker to turn it ON
- Press and hold Bluetooth button.
- Wait for Bluetooth light to blink.
When blinking blue light appears on Bluetooth button, this means that speaker is now discoverable and ready to pair.
After enabling Bluetooth on speaker, try connecting the speaker to the Bluetooth device and then check if the issue still occurs.
Method 2: Make sure speaker is within Bluetooth range
The recommended range between speaker and Bluetooth device is approximately 30 feet or 9 meters. If speaker is more than the required Bluetooth range, it is will not be discoverable therefore will not connect to the device. To fix this, you have to make sure that the speaker and the Bluetooth device are in close proximity with each other. This means that you need to move them closer to each other within the Bluetooth range to establish a connection.
Once speaker is closer to the Bluetooth device, try connecting the speaker to the Bluetooth device and then check if the issue still occurs.
Method 3: Pairing should be done correctly
It is possible that Bluetooth connection could not be established between the speaker and the Bluetooth device is because the pairing process was incorrectly done. There are two ways to pair two Bluetooth enabled products, either using Bluetooth buttons of speaker and via Bose connect app. An application that is free to download on iOS (App store) and Android devices (Playstore).
Via Bluetooth buttons:
- Turn ON Bluetooth speaker by pressing the Power button
- Press and hold the Bluetooth Button, wait for Bluetooth light blinks blue
- On Bluetooth device, locate Bose product from the list of Bluetooth available products. If speaker is not on the lists, click the option Scan or Search to refresh the list.
- Try to make a Bluetooth connection again and then check if the issue still occurs
Via Bose Connect app:
- Go to Bluetooth Settings on device
- Enable Bluetooth if it not yet enabled.
- Turn ON Bluetooth speaker
- Press and hold Bluetooth Button, wait for Bluetooth light blinks blue
- Launch Bose Connect app from Bluetooth device, wait for the list of available speaker to appear. If Soundlink Revolve+ is on the list, select on it to start pairing.
Method 4: Clear Device Memory of Previously paired Bluetooth Devices
Bluetooth speaker can remember at least 8 previously paired devices. Given that, whenever a device that it was previously paired to is within Bluetooth range it will automatically connect to it. As a result, a Bluetooth connection will occur. To fix this, you may need to delete and clear all previously paired devices on the memory list. This method allows you to create a new list of memory and will only connect to those on the list.
Clear Bluetooth memory on speaker, follow the steps below:
- Press Power button of speaker to turn it ON
- Press and hold Bluetooth Button for at least 10 seconds. Wait until you hear a tone and then release.
- Bluetooth memory will now be deleted and erased.
Clear device of Bluetooth speaker, follow the steps below:
- Go to Bluetooth menu of Bluetooth device. Previously paired Bluetooth devices will be displayed on the list.
- Locate Soundlink Revolve+ and remove or delete it from the list. This can be done by either choosing options Forget, Unpair, or delete. Depending on the device that you are using.
- Once speaker appears on the lists, reconnect to the speaker you are trying to pair it with
Method 5: Check for and install available updates
Checking for and installing any available updates for the speaker is necessary and recommended. Updating fixes bugs that may have caused the Bluetooth connection issues to occur.
There are two separate ways to do this:
- Via Bose connect app. Bose app is free to download on iOS and Android devices
- Via Bose Online updater found on Bose website. The speaker should be connected to the computer to be able to update it.
Method 6:Reset Bluetooth speaker
Resetting speaker bring it back to its original default state that can help fix minor issues on the speaker. This means that saved settings will also be deleted and erased.
To do this:
- Press Power button to turn ON
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds. Wait for the blinking blue light to appear. A voice prompt will ask you to select a language.
- Reset process is complete.
After resetting Bluetooth speaker, try connecting the speaker to the Bluetooth device and then check if the issue still occurs.
After following the methods mentioned above, you will successfully fix Soundlink Revolve+ can’t connect to a Bluetooth device.
Feel free to visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos
- How To Fix Soundlink Revolve Plus Will Not Turn On Issue
- How To Fix Bose Soundlink Revolve+ Won’t Charge