Are you experiencing Bluetooth connection issues with your Sony SRS XB13 speaker? There are various factors that can cause this issue such as a software glitch, low battery, device still in pairing mode, or paired devices not within range. To fix this, you will need to perform several troubleshooting steps.
The Sony SRS-XB13 is a portable Bluetooth speaker that’s compact and lightweight. It delivers a powerful, clear sound, with deep bass and clear vocals. The speaker is water-resistant, making it ideal for outdoor use and has a battery life of up to 16 hours. It also has built-in voice control, allowing you to easily control your music using voice commands with compatible virtual assistants like Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- SPEAKER SIZE: 46 mm
- HANDS-FREE FUNCTION: Yes
- Bluetooth: Version 4.2, SBC, AAC, A2DP/AVRCP/HFP/HSP, 20 Hz–20,000 Hz (Sampling frequency 44.1 kHz)
- INPUT AND OUTPUT TERMINALS: USB Type-C
- BATTERY LIFE: Approx. 16 hrs.
Why is my Sony SRS XB13 speaker not connecting?
One of the issues that you might experience with Sony Bluetooth speakers is when it does not seem to pair with other Bluetooth devices. It might refuse to connect to another Bluetooth device such as your smartphone (pairing problems) or your Sony SRS XB13 speaker keeps disconnecting.
Here’s what you can do to fix this Sony SRS XB13 Bluetooth connection issue,
Solution 1: Restart the Sony SRS XB13 Bluetooth speaker
One of the common factors that can cause Bluetooth issues on Sony speakers is a software glitch. In order to fix this you should restart the Sony speaker in order to refresh its software.
Restarting Sony Bluetooth speaker
- Press and hold the power button until the LED light of the speaker turns of
- Wait for at least a minute.
- Press and hold the power button to until the LED light will turn on and start flashing to indicate that the speaker is in pairing mode.
You will also need to restart the Bluetooth device the Sony Bluetooth speaker is connecting to. Once the Bluetooth device has restarted try to check if both devices can be successfully paired.
Solution 2: Make sure your Sony SRS XB13 is in pairing mode
If this is the first time you will be using your Sony Bluetooth speaker with another Bluetooth device then you will need to pair both devices first.
Sony Bluetooth pairing mode
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds until the LED light flashes rapidly or indicator starts double flashing. This indicates that the speaker is in pairing mode.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the device you want to connect to and search for available Bluetooth devices. Select the Sony SRS-XB13 speaker to connect.
- The LED light will stay on to indicate that the speaker is connected to the device.
Solution 3: Charge your Sony speaker
One of the reasons why your speaker will have Bluetooth connectivity issues is because of a fully drained battery. You should make sure that the built-in battery of your Sony SRs XB13 is fully charged then check if this will fix the problem.
- Connect one end of a USB Type-C cable to the DC IN 5V USB-C port on the speaker and the other end to a USB AC adaptor (commercially available), and then connect the USB AC adaptor to a wall outlet.
- Make sure that the USB cable is firmly connected to the speaker and the USB AC adapter.
- Make sure the USB AC adapter is firmly connected to the speaker and the AC outlet.
- The CHARGE indicator lights up in orange while charging is in progress.
- The battery charging completes depending on the charger you are using.
Solution 4: Factory reset the Sony SRS XB13 speaker
Sometimes this Bluetooth pairing issue is caused by the software freezing. A factory reset should be done in this case which will delete the data on this Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings.
- Turn on the speaker.
- Press and hold the – (volume) button and the (BLUETOOTH) button until the speaker turns off (5 seconds or more).
Place the speaker in Bluetooth pairing mode then check if the issue still occurs.
Solution 5: Bring your Sony SRS XB13 speaker to a service center
There are instances when your portable speaker will experience connectivity problems because of hardware issues. This can be due to a faulty circuit board. If this is the case then you will need to have the speaker fixed at a service center.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to delete pairing information on Sony SRS XB13?
To delete pairing information just follow these steps.
On your Sony Bluetooth speaker press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the LED light flashes.
On the device you want to disconnect, go to the Bluetooth settings and remove the Sony SRS-XB13 speaker from the list of paired devices.
- What is the battery life of the Sony SRS-XB13?
The Sony SRS-XB13 has a battery life of up to 16 hours.
- Can the Sony SRS-XB13 be connected to multiple devices simultaneously?
No, the Sony SRS-XB13 can only be connected to one device at a time.
- Can I connect multiple Sony SRS-XB13 speakers together?
Yes, multiple Sony SRS-XB13 speakers can be connected together using the Sony Party Connect feature.
- Does the Sony SRS-XB13 have a built-in microphone?
Yes, the Sony SRS-XB13 has a built-in microphone for making hands-free calls.