Portable Smart Speaker is a Bluetooth enabled speaker from Bose. If you want to play music on the speaker, you need to connect it to another device via Bluetooth. There have been a series of reports from users where Portable smart speaker does not connect to a Bluetooth device. In here, we will talk about the troubleshooting methods to fix Bose smart speaker cannot connect a Bluetooth device.
What to do if Bose Smart speaker cannot connect to a Bluetooth device
There are several factors that can cause this problem to occur on your Bose Bluetooth speaker such as Bluetooth is not enabled from the settings, device out of wireless or Bluetooth range, or the process to connect is not done correctly to a bug in the system that needs fixing. An outdated version of software can also cause connection issues.
Before performing the troubleshooting methods below, here are a few specification highlight of Bose portable smart speaker.
- Dimension: 7.54″ H x 4.69″ W x 4.09″ D
- Weight: 2.34 lbs
- Input/Output: USB-C cable
- Body: Aluminum
- Bluetooth range: 30 feet or 9 meters (Bluetooth version 4.2)
- Battery: Lithium-ion
- Battery life: 12 hours playback; 24 hours standby mode
Listed below are troubleshooting methods to fix Bose Portable smart speaker cannot connect to a Bluetooth device.
Method 1: Make sure Bluetooth is Turned ON
A very obvious reason why Portable Smart speaker cannot connect to Bluetooth device is because Bluetooth settings is not enabled. Make sure to check Bluetooth is enabled on the speaker
To do this:
- Press Power Button to turn ON Bose speaker
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button
Wait for Blinking Blue light on Bluetooth button to appear.
- When Blinking blue light appears, it means that Bose speaker is now discoverable and ready to connect with device.
After performing this method, try to connect Bose speaker and device and the check if the issue still exist.
Method 2: Bring Bose speaker and device closer
Since the recommended range for Bluetooth connection is 30 feet or 9 meters, make sure speaker and device are in close proximity with each other. If the distance between the two Bluetooth enabled devices is more than 30 feet, Bluetooth connection will not be successful that is why one is experiencing the problem of speaker cannot connect to Bluetooth.
Method 3: Perform pairing of speaker and device correctly
There are times when pairing is incorrectly done, it can be the cause why Bose speaker won’t Connect To Bluetooth device. Make sure that you are doing the procedure right to make a Bluetooth connection.
There are two options to choose from:
Via Bluetooth Buttons
- Press the power button to turn ON speaker
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button, wait for blue light to blink.
- On Bluetooth device, go to the Bluetooth settings on device and locate Bose Portable smart speaker from the list. If Bose speaker is not found on the list, manually search it by clicking the Scan option.
via Bose connect app
To do this:
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on device
- Enable Bluetooth if it is not enabled.
- Turn ON Bluetooth speaker
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button to enable it. Wait for Bluetooth blinking lights to turn blue
- Next, open Bose connect app on device.
- Wait for the list of available Bluetooth devices from Bluetooth settings.
- Select Bose Portable Smart speaker from the list to start pairing
Method 4: Reset Pairing list of Bluetooth devices
Bluetooth enabled devices remembers all previously paired devices, and when the paired device is nearby it will automatically reconnect. Usually when this happens, it might the be the reason why Bose speaker could not connect to Bluetooth device because there are 1 or more previously paired devices nearby.
To fix this, you may need to delete and reset the device memory of the list of previously paired and connected Bluetooth enabled device to a new list of device memory. Doing this method is pretty simple, you just need to manually click at an icon that looks like a gear beside the paired Bluetooth device then choose unpair or delete.
After deleting the memory list, connect speaker to Bluetooth device again and then check if the issue still exist.
Method 5: Reset Portable Smart Speaker
Doing this method resets the product to its default state. It simply means that all saved settings will be cleared and deleted. You may need to set up the settings again on the speaker according to your own preference.
To reset Bose Speaker:
- Press and hold Volume up Button and Bluetooth Button for about 10 seconds. Wait for the white light to appear.
- When speaker automatically reboots, release buttons.
- Reset process is complete when a solid light on the right light appears.
After performing this method, set up the speaker again. Reconnect Bluetooth and then check if the problem still exist.
Method 6: Check for available updates
It is recommended to check for available updates and then install them if there are any. Updates fixes bugs that may have caused issues on your speaker.
You can check for available updates via Bose connect app using your smartphone or via Bose online updates that can be found on Bose website. You need to connect Portable Smart Speaker to the computer to do this.