When a popular app like Facebook keeps crashing on a smartphone like the Moto Moto G7, the problem could be with just the app. But then, there’s always a possibility that it’s an issue with the firmware since Facebook comes as a pre-installed application on the Moto G7. You need to troubleshoot your phone to be able to know what the issue really is all about because knowing the problem is key to fixing it.
So, in this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your Motorola Moto G7 with Facebook that keeps crashing. We will try to look into every possibility and rule them out one by one until we can determine what the issue really is all about and hopefully be able to fix it. If you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently being bugged by a similar issue, continue reading as this article may be able to help you one way or the other.
For those who are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this phone. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar to yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you still need our help, contact us anytime through our Android issues questionnaire.
Troubleshooting Moto G7 with Facebook app that keeps crashing
When troubleshooting a smartphone with an app that keeps crashing, you have to be thorough to be able to accurately diagnose the problem and fix it. Here’s what you need to do:
First solution: Force restart your phone
If this is the first time that you encountered this issue, then it’s a possible issue with the firmware and most of the time, it’s really not that serious. In fact, you may be able to fix it just by doing this procedure and it’s really easy.
- Just press and hold the power key for 15 seconds or until the Moto logo shows and the screen turns blue.
Your phone will continue to boot up until its reaches your lock screen or home screen. When the phone has successfully restarted, try to launch the app and see if it the facebook app still keeps crashing.
Second solution: Clear the cache and data of Facebook app
Doing this will reset Facebook and bring it back to its default settings and configuration. If this is just an issue with the app, then this procedure will definitely fix it. Don’t worry, none of your files, posts or pictures will be deleted if you did this. Here’s how:
- Pull the app drawer up, and then go to the screen where the Facebook icon is located.
- Touch and hold on the Facebook icon, and then tap App info.
- Tap Storage.
- Touch Clear cache.
- Touch Clear data and then tap OK to confirm you want to reset it.
After doing this, try opening facebook and see if it still keeps crashing. If it still does, move on to the next solution.
Third solution: Master reset your Moto G7
A master reset should be able to fix this problem but you just need to create a backup of your important files and data as they will all be deleted. After the backup, remove you google account so that you won’t be locked out. When ready, follow these steps to reset your phone:
- Power your Moto G7 off.
- Press and hold the Power key and the Volume down button for 3 seconds, or until you’re on a screen with a broken Android robot.
- Use the Volume Down or Up button to scroll RECOVERY MODE, and then press the power key to select it.
- The screen will turn blue with Motorola logo on it and brings you to another black screen with broken Android with exclamation point.
- Hold the Power button and press Volume up, and then release both buttons.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and then press the power key to select it.
- Press the Volume Down button once to highlight ‘Yes’ and press the power key to select it.
- Highlight Userdata + personalized content using the volume down button, and then press the power key to select it.
- The reset will commence and once it’s finished, highlight Reboot system now and press the power key.
- Wait for your phone to finish rebooting and then set up your phone as a new device.
After the reset, set up your phone as a new device.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your Motorola Moto G7 with facebook that keeps crashing. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling out this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. You may also visit our Youtube channel as we publish helpful videos every week.