There are times that you may be wondering how on earth can you download the video you just watched on Facebook. Without an easy way to do that in the Facebook app, most users would like to think that it may not be possible at all to save and keep a local copy of a video. The good news is, there’s actually a way to do it.
The steps in downloading a video from Facebook is not direct since this is not a readily available option in the app itself. Facebook does not really intend to let its users download a copy although they can save a link for it so they can view them again anytime. While such arrangement may be fine for most, some people may want to download the video on their Android phone itself. If this is what you intend to do, then you’re reading the article that can help you.
There are two essential steps that you must do in order to keep a copy of a Facebook video on your Android phone. The first one entails copying the link or the video URL, and the second are the actual steps on how to download the video. This article uses the free service of https://catch.tube/ in order to download your Facebook video. Be sure to give them a thumbs up if you find their site helpful.
How to Download Facebook Videos on Your Android Device
Step #1: Copy the video link
Posts you might like
Getting the video link should be the first task for you. Here’s how you do that:
- Open Facebook app.
- Find the video you want to save or download.
- Tap on More settings at the upper right (three-dot icon).
- Select Copy Link.
Step #2:Download the video to your phone
Once you’ve copied the link of the video to the clipboard, you can then begin to download it. Follow the steps below on how to do it:
- Open your web browser.
- Visit this site: https://catch.tube/. You’re going to use their free service to download the video you’re marked.
- Enter the link or URL in the empty box beside the red button that says Catch video. Make sure that it show video URL.
- Scroll down and look for red button that says Show Media List and tap it.
- Select the video version that you want to download.
- Wait for the device to download the video.
- Once the download is finished, you should have the download indicator at the status bar saying download is complete. Tap it.
- Open the video you just downloaded. You can also check your phone’s gallery or camera roll to see the save video.
Aside from those options, you can also download a Facebook video downloader app that can be found on Google Play Store. These apps would allow you to download videos from Facebook with ease. Once you’ve downloaded a third party party app to save the video on your phone, just open it, copy the link on the text box and tap Download video or download button option. They may also provide an option that will allow you to save video on HD quality or high quality. To see those select save video, just open your phone’s downloads folder.
There are still a lot of ways to download Facebook videos not only on your phone but you can also do that on a computer/PC. You may right click to save a link of the video you want to download and paste on a video downloading website. The option to download is usually found at the top right. All rights reserved.