Are you aware that your Samsung Galaxy device allows you create a GIF or animated image from a previously recorded video. Although it’s also easy to create a GIF directly using a special shutter button option, it’s just as equally simple to create one from your existing video. This is a perfect solution for those wanting to share only a portion of a video they’ve recorded, instead of showing the entire clip.
Creating a GIF from a video is not new and if you are a seasoned Android user, you’ve probably heard of this one already. However, if you’re new to Samsung Galaxy devices, it’s worth your while to know how this is done. GIFs is just among the exciting ways to share digital memories to friends or family members.
How to create GIF using a video on Samsung Galaxy phones
Creating GIF from a recorded video on any Samsung Galaxy device is easy. Just follow the steps below.
- Open the Gallery app.
- Find and play the video file you want to make GIF from.
- Pause the video where you want the GIF to begin.
- Tap the GIF icon at the upper right corner of the screen.
- You can then customize your GIF by stretching the duration (moving the sliders left or right or both), changing the playback speed, and selecting playback direction by selecting the arrows (backwards, forwards, or back and forth).
- Once you’ve finished editing, don’t forget to hit the Save button at the top right corner.
To view your newly created GIF, just head back to your Gallery app and look for it there.
Having Issues with your phone? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help. We also create videos for those wanting to follow visual instructions. Visit our Youtube page for troubleshooting.