By default, your Nintendo Switch console’s date and time should be set automatically once you connect to the internet. The same also occurs if you enabled Parental Controls on it. However, if you want to change the date and time because it’s incorrect, or to play a game, this guide should help.
Why change your Nintendo Switch console’s date and time?
There may be two reasons why you would like to know how to change your Switch console’s date and time.
Correct your Nintendo Switch date and time.
Having incorrect date and time on your Switch can lead to minor issues such as being unable to install updates, encounter software conflict, or being unable to play games properly.
Servers that host updates for games and Nintendo system may not push updates to your console if the date and time is set way too early or too far from the correct date and time.
Some games with that require time sensitive DLCs may not work properly when the system’s date and time is incorrect.
Time travel cheat.
For other users, changing their Switch’s date and time can be beneficial when playing a game. For example, if you usually only play Animal Crossing New Horizons during the evening after work, it’s possible that you may never be able to see how your island and the game in general look during daylight hours. Fortunately, there’s a quick workaround for that. Simply change your Switch’s date and time to daylight hours and voila!
How to change Date and Time on Nintendo Switch
Changing the date and time on your Nintendo Switch is easy. You can either set date and time using the Synchronize Clock via Internet option or do it manually. Follow the steps below.
- Go to the Nintendo Home screen.
- Select System Settings.
- Scroll down the options on the left and select “System.”
- On the right-hand side of the screen, select “Date and Time.”
If you have Parental Controls enabled, enter your PIN.
- Enable Synchronize Clock via Internet if you want to use it.
This option lets your console adjust date and time based on the correct time on the Internet.
You will not be able to turn off Synchronize Clock via Internet if your Nintendo Switch is linked to the Parental Controls app.
- If you want to change the date and time manually, turn off Synchronize Clock via Internet and select the time zone.
- Select “Date and Time.”
- Select the month, day, year, and time.
- Then select “OK.”
- How To Fix Animal Crossing Black Screen Issue | Nintendo Switch
- How To Fix The Last Of Us Part 2 Crashing Or Won’t Load | PS4
- How To Fix PS4 Overheating When Playing Ghost Of Tsushima
- How To Fix Ghost Of Tsushima Crashing Or Won’t Load | PS4
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.