This post will teach you how to access and manage apps permission on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 device. Read on if you need to adjust permission for a certain app to access and utilize specific functions and information on your device.
Controlling which functions or information every app can access on your device is imperative to ensure privacy and security when utilizing any application.
When you download apps from the Play Store, you will be asked for permission to use information before installing them. You then can allow or deny permissions for any of these apps to access your device contacts or location, for instance.
In case you’d like to apply some changes to the permissions for a certain app, this video will walk you through the entire process.
Here’s how to view and manage app permissions on the Galaxy Tab S6.
Easy steps to Access and Manage Apps Permission on your Galaxy Tab S6
Time Needed : 10 minutes
Follow these steps if you need help getting to the settings menu where you can manage or change app permissions on your Samsung tablet. Please note though that the actual screens and menu items may vary between device model and operating system.
- To get started, get to the Home screen of your device then swipe up from the bottom center of the display.
Doing so will open the Apps viewer which shows many different app icons or shortcut controls to built-in services and downloaded applications.
- Locate and then tap the Settings icon.
The main settings menu of your tablet will show up on the next screen from doing so.
- Scroll down to view more items and then tap Apps to proceed.
The Apps menu opens next.
In here, you will see a list of all apps and services installed on your device.
Built-in apps and features are likewise displayed.
- To continue, tap the quick menu icon represented by a triple-dot figure located on the upper-rightmost corner of the screen.
A pop-up menu opens with a list of items.
- Tap to select Permission manager.
A new screen will load up a list of different services with permissions to manage.
- Locate and then tap to select a service or app that you'd like to manage apps permission on.
Let's select Location to proceed with this demo.
Tapping Location will trigger the Location menu to open on the next window.
In this window, you will see which apps are allowed to use your device's location as well as the ones that are denied or granted permission only when in use.
- To make necessary changes, tap to select the app that you'd like to manage permission to access the device's location information.
Let's select Maps as an example so we'll go ahead and tap Maps under the Allowed section.
The permission menu for the Maps app will show up on the next display.
Here you can change as to how you'd like Maps to access location information on your tablet.
Among the given options include Allow all the time, Allow only while using the app and Deny.
- Simply tap to mark the selection button before the preferred option.
To proceed with this demo, let's choose the option to Allow only while using the app.
Then, tap Deny anyway from the pop-up message to confirm.
This will prompt the device to only grant access to location information when using the Maps app.
- Android 10
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
If you prefer not to grant Maps app with location information access at all, select Deny instead.
Please note that Denying permissions may likewise cause other apps to lose functionality.
To manage location permission on other apps, tap return to the main Location menu and then select the next app that you’d like to configure location access on.
Aside from location, there are still other types of information and services on your device that you can manage which apps can access and utilize. Just get back to the Permission manager window to find and make other selections.
And that covers everything in this quick guide.
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
- How to Manage and Change Galaxy S20 App Permissions
- How To Reset App Preferences On Samsung (Android 10)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 App Permission Not Working Issue & Other Related Problems