Nintendo Switch Online is a paid subscription that enhances users’ gameplay experience. It offers a variety of Nintendo games, accessories and other amazing features that are exclusive for members. As amazing as the benefits are when you subscribe, it doesn’t come cheap. If you are not using your membership to its full potential and you plan to cancel Nintendo Switch Online subscription, then follow the steps provided in this article on how to do it.
Important Note Before You Cancel Nintendo Switch Online Subscription
Before making any actions and begin cancelling your Nintendo Switch Online Membership, you need to take note of the following information first:
- Any save data from the Cloud backup will expire and will no longer be available online as soon as the subscription ends. Only the save data in the console are the ones that will remain.
- Unable to use the online multiplayer features as this will require a Nintendo Switch Online account. Examples of these online multiplayer games for Nintendo Switch are Splatoon 2, Minecraft, Fortnite and Mortal Kombat.
- If it’s a Family Membership, other accounts under this subscription will also expire.
- Auto-renewal can only be adjusted by the account holder who purchased the plan.
- Nintendo will not provide any refunds for the membership.
How to Cancel Nintendo Switch Online
To cancel your Nintendo Switch online membership, you need to turn off automatic renewal settings from the Nintendo Switch or through the Nintendo website. The steps for these two options are given below:
Cancel Nintendo Switch Online Using Nintendo Switch
- Go to the Home Screen from your Nintendo Switch.
- Tap the Bag icon at the bottom to open the Nintendo eShop.
- Select the User profile you want to turn off the renewal.
- Enter your Username and Password for your Nintendo Switch account..
- Select OK.
- On the Nintendo eShop, scroll down to Nintendo Switch Online.
- Select Turn Off Automatic Renewal.
- Select Turn Off.
- Select OK to save the changes and discontinue the membership renewal completely.
Discontinue the Nintendo Switch Online Service from the Website
- Access the Nintendo website on the web browser.
- Log in to your Nintendo account.
- Select your Profile Avatar found on the top right corner of the page.
- Select Settings.in the options that will show on the screen.
- On the side pane, select the Shop menu.
- From the Shop menu, scroll down and select Your Subscriptions.
- Select Check Nintendo Switch Online membership status.
- Select Turn Off Automatic Renewal to discontinue the membership.
Either of these two methods should be able to turn off the auto renewal for the online membership. You should be able to enjoy playing games from your console without paying any monthly dues or yearly subscription from Nintendo. Take note that these steps to stop the auto renewal should be done at least 48 hours before the membership will expire.
Posts you might like
Other interesting articles:
- How to Delete PS4 Games To Get More Storage Space | NEW 2020!
- How To Fix PS5 Won’t Read Discs Or Unrecognized Disc | NEW 2020!
- How To Fix Unable To Create PSN Account On The PS5 | NEW 2020!
- How To Fix Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Slow Download Issue | NEW 2020!
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.