Adding a phone number to your Facebook account will help make it easier for you to connect with your friends and family on Facebook. Your phone number can also be used to regain access to or recover your account if you have trouble logging in or locked out. If you’re wondering how to get this done on your new Samsung Galaxy S20 handset, I’ve laid out an easy guide for you to follow. Here’s how to add and remove a phone number on Facebook galaxy s20.
Easy steps to add and remove phone number on Facebook Galaxy S20
Time Needed : 5 minutes
The steps and menu options described below are based on the updated version of Facebook app for Android with the Galaxy S20’s user interface. Individual screenshots are also provided in case you’re having trouble navigating through different screens and menu sections.
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
To do this, you’ll need to access the Apps viewer by swiping up from the bottom of the Home screen.
- From the Facebook app’s main screen, tap the Menu icon.
The menu icon is represented by three short horizontal lines located on the upper-rightmost corner of the display.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.
A list of Facebook account settings will then be displayed.
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
Doing so will pull up your Facebook account settings, security, privacy and other relevant features for you to manage.
- From the Account Settings section, tap Personal Information.
On the next screen you will see your Facebook account details including name, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Tap Phone Number to view or add a phone number that’s linked to your Facebook account.
The Add a Mobile Number screen will show up next. This is where you can enter the phone number that you’d like to link to Facebook.
- To change the area code, tap Change next to the existing country and area code then choose your country from the list.
If your country is already selected, just tap on the Mobile number text box then type in the complete phone number.
- Finally, tap the Add Number button to save the new changes.
A confirmation code will be sent to the number you’ve entered. You will need to get that code and enter it to confirm.
You may also opt to confirm the number at a later time, if needed.
The phone number will be added and saved to your Facebook account’s personal information.
- To remove a phone number from your Facebook account, just access the same menu on Facebook and then tap Remove under the phone number that you’d like to delete.
The phone number will then be deleted from the list.
- Android 10
- One UI 2.0 and later
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20 Plus
- Galaxy S20 Ultra
If you have another phone number, you can add it using the same steps. Just tap on Phone Number under Personal Information and then tap the link to Add Phone Number under Current Phone Numbers on the Text Messaging Settings screen.
And that covers everything in this tutorial. Please keep posted for more comprehensive tutorials, tips and tricks that will help you make the most of your new Samsung galaxy s20 smartphone.
Also check out our YouTube channel to view more smartphone video tutorials and troubleshooting guides.
Posts you might like