Some of the users of the Fitbit Ionic reported that the silent alarm of their smartwatch is no longer working. Others were puzzled because they couldn’t find any setting on the Fitbit app. It may be a very annoying problem but it’s not really that serious and you can actually fix it easily.
In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your Fitbit Ionic whose silent alarm feature no longer works. So, if you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently having similar issue, continue reading as this article may be able to help you one way or another.
But before we move on, if you are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop in on our Fitbit Ionic Troubleshooting page for we have already solved some of the most common issues with this device. We may have already published articles that could help you with your problem. Or, if you need further assistance, fill up our questionnaire as we may be able to help you with your concern.
Now, here’s what you need to do if the silent alarm in your Ionic isn’t working…
- Make sure you set the alarm properly.
- Factory reset your Fitbit Ionic.
Setting the alarm. For the alarm to work, you have to set it properly. If you’re one of the users who couldn’t find the silent alarm setting on the Fitbit app, then you should know that there’s no setting like that on the app. You have to set the alarm on the device itself:
- On your device, open Alarms. You’ll see your next scheduled alarm (if you set one) and the option to set a new alarm.
- Tap + New Alarm. Scroll down to see this option if you’ve already created multiple alarms.
- Tap 12:00 and then scroll to set the alarm time. Be sure to set am or pm.
- Press the back button on your device and then scroll down to set the frequency.
- Press the back button to see your alarms. To disable an alarm, tap it and then tap Off. To delete an alarm, see the instructions below.
Factory reset your Fitbit Ionic. If the first solution didn’t fix the problem, then you have no other choice but to reset it. It will bring the device back to its default settings and configuration. Here’s how you do that:
- Remove the Ionic from your account.
- Delete the bluetooth pairing.
- Press and hold all buttons on the device.
- Wait until the Fitbit logo disappears, then release the bottom right button.
- Wait until you feel a vibration, then release the other buttons.
- You will probably see a red X message, just ignore that and setup the device again.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
- How to fix Fitbit Ionic that won’t update its firmware
- Fitbit Ionic Screen Awake option no longer works
- What to do with your Fitbit Ionic if it’s not charging
- How to fix Fitbit Ionic that’s not receiving notifications from Android
- How to fix Fitbit Ionic that’s not syncing properly