Welcome to another installment of our troubleshooting series where we aim to help our readers who own the #Samsung #Galaxy #S9 fix the issues that they are experiencing with their phone. This is a flagship device released early this year that has a similar design to last year’s S8 model but comes with upgraded hardware components. This device now uses the powerful Snapdragon 845 processor which when combined with 4GB of RAM makes the phone run apps smoothly. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S9 unable to send text message error and other related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S9 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
S9 Unable To Send Text Message Error
Problem: I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, and I haven’t been able to send texts for the past two days. I get an error message saying “unable to send text”. Nothing has changed on my phone as far as I am aware and my phone signal is fine. I can make and receive phone calls, but I can’t send texts! I have tried a soft reset, and removing and re-inserting the SIM but still nothing.
Posts you might like
Solution: Sometimes this problem can be caused by your account barred from sending a text message. For this particular issue you should try checking first with your carrier if your account is able to send out a text message. In case there is no problem with your account then proceed with the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Make sure that you have a good network signal.
- Try to go to a different area and check if the same issue occurs. If it doesn’t then there might be a problem with the network in the area where you are experiencing the problem.
- Try to check if the problem occurs when the phone is started in Safe Mode. If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset. Once the reset is complete immediately check if the issue still occurs.
S9 Text Message Notifications Have Stopped Working
Problem: Hello! Ever since I updated the software on my Samsung Galaxy S9, my text message notifications have stopped functioning properly. Essentially, when I first get a text I’ll get the normal notifications on my lock screen, push screen, and a little 1 on the app icon. But once I open the messenger app (the default one that comes with the phone), even though I DON’T open the text, then exit out, all of those notifications go away. So then I will forget that the unopened text is there. I’ve done a factory reset, replaced the SIM card, replaced the phone three times, and just got the s9 this morning. But it is still not fixed. The technicians at T-Mobile can’t identify the problem – it must be a combination of software, an app I have, and my SIM card. Since getting a new Samsung clearly won’t help, will I have to switch to iPhone? Or change carriers? Thoughts?
Solution: Since you have already eliminated most of the possible causes of this problem then it looks like this is caused by a glitch in the new software which you downloaded in the phone. The only way that this can be resolved is if Samsung releases a future update that will come with a patch for this particular problem.
S9 Keyboard Has Stopped Working Error
Problem: I can’t text because the keyboard has stopped working. I tried to google it, but none of the solutions seem to be for my phone because I can’t find the right sequence that gets me to where I need to go to fix it. Every few seconds I get a pop-up window saying “Samsung keyboard keeps stopping.” Can you please help me? Thanks.
Solution: The first thing that you will need to do in this case is to clear the cache of the keyboard app from the application manager as corrupt data within the app could be causing the problem.
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Navigate to Settings then Apps
- Ensure All apps is selected (upper-left).
- Locate then select the keyboard app.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap CLEAR CACHE.
Once this is done try to check if the issue still occurs. If it does then proceed with the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Try to check if the problem will occur in Safe Mode. If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Try wiping the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode. Once this is down restart the phone then check if the issue still occurs.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem the your last course of action is to backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
S9 Group Messages Arrive As Separate Text Messages
Problem: I get group messages from work. some of the members from the group are in my contacts and others are not. Every time I get a message from the same group I get it as a separate text. it doesn’t matter if the person sending the text in that group is in my contact or not. everyone replies comes as a separate text. Is it possible to fix this so all messages come in 1 message.
Solution: For this particular issue you will need to make sure that you have an active mobile data subscription and that your phone has the correct APN settings installed. To send a message to a group follow the steps listed below.
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap the Messaging icon.
- Tap the Compose icon.
- Tap the Groups tab.
- Tap the group you want to send the message to.
- Tap All or manually select recipients.
- Tap COMPOSE.
- Enter message text in the Group conversation box.
- Tap the Send icon.
You should be able to get the reply as a group message instead of as individual messages.