The #Samsung #Galaxy #S9+ is a flagship phone released this year that is the bigger version of the S9. This device sports a large 6.2 inch Super AMOLED display making it a great multimedia device. Because it has a large display the phone can also accommodate a much larger 3500 mAh battery. The other key feature of this phone is its dual rear cameras, one of which has a variable aperture setting. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S9+ is not getting text message notifications issue and other related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S9+ or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
S9+ Is Not Getting Text Message Notifications
Problem: My S9 plus is 2 days old. All of a sudden I’m not getting text message alerts. I did a hard reboot and it started to work but now it happens again no text message alerts. And now when I check my phone the clock does not show up on the face of the phone.
Solution: The first thing you need to do in this case is to make sure that the phone has the correct text message notification settings.
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Tap Messages
- If prompted to change the default SMS app, tap YES to confirm.
- Tap the Menu icon
- Tap Settings
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap the Messages switch to turn on
- Select Sound then make sure it is not set to silent.
- Select Do Not Disturb option and make sure to disable it.
If your phone already has the proper notification settings set and the issue still persists then I suggest that you backup your phone data then do a factory reset from the recovery mode.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume up + Bixby buttons.
- While continuing to hold volume up and bixby, press and hold the Power button until the device vibrates and the Samsung Galaxy S9 logo appears then release all buttons.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Yes.
- Select Reboot system now.
Once the reset is complete do not install any apps in your phone just yet. Try to check first if the issue still occurs. In case it does then you should have this checked at a service center.
S9+ Not Receiving Text Message From iPhone Contacts
Problem: My Samsung S9+ is no longer receiving text messages from iphone contacts with no explanation or changes. The iphone contacts also no longer receive texts from my phone (the samsung). A curveball : was able to receive a photo from a contact even though text messages won’t go through from either end.
Solution: The first thing you need to do in this case is to check if you have blocked certain numbers from sending you text messages.
- From the Home screen, tap the Messages icon.
- Tap Menu then Settings then Block numbers and messages then Block numbers.
- Tap the minus sign next to the number you want to remove.
- When finished, tap the back arrow.
In case you don’t have any numbers blocked and you are still not getting text messages from iPhone contacts then this might be due to the fact that you previous phone was an iPhone and you have not turned off your iMessage subscription. Follow the troubleshooting steps listed below if this is the case.
If you still have your iPhone
- If you have an Apple Watch paired to your device then unpair it
- Put your SIM card back into your iPhone
- Open the Settings on your iOS device and go into Messages . Turn off iMessage
- Go back to Settings and open the Facetime settings. Turn off Facetime
If you no longer have your iPhone with you
- Go to https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/
- Enter your phone number, and click Send Code.
- When you receive the confirmation code, enter it and click Submit.
- After you deregister, your service number is removed from iMessage services. Text messaging will now function as expected instantly, however there are some cases when this may take up to a few hours.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should consider doing a factory reset on your phone. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
S9+ Not Sending Pictures And Videos
Problem: My Samsung Galaxy S9+ stopped sending pictures and videos but only to certain individuals. I’ve tried clearing the cache, rebooting and all of the popular solutions given online. My phone still does not send pictures.
Solution: For this particular issue you need to make sure that you have an active mobile data subscription and that the mobile data switch of the phone is turned on. You should also make sure that the phone has the correct APN settings. Make sure that the APN setting of your phone is the same as the one your carrier is using.