The #Samsung #Galaxy #S8+ is one of the best large screen Android smartphone models released last year. This is a flagship phone having a large 6.2 inch Super AMOLED display and sports the Snapdragon 835 processor. The phone has a solid build quality and is in fact waterproof as well as dustproof. Although this is a great performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S8+ not receiving text messages from individual contacts issue and other related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S8+ or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
S8+ Not Receiving Text Messages From Individual Contacts
Problem: Not getting all text messages. I’m in a group chat for text and as at least as far as I can tell, I’m receiving those, however I don’t receive text messages when it’s from individuals. Soft resetting, updating, and checking connectivity doesn’t fix it and I’m not receiving texts outside of group chat in safe mode either.
Solution: The first thing that you will need to do in this case is to isolate the SIM card from the phone to easily check if the problem is caused by an issue with the SIM or with the phone itself. Try inserting the SIM card to another phone then check if the same issue occurs. If it does then you will need to contact your carrier regarding this matter or you could have your SIM card replaced with a new one. If the issue does not occur then you should place the SIM card back to your phone then follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Posts you might like
- Make sure that the phone is running on the latest software update.
- If you have any third party text messaging app installed then try uninstalling then first.
- Check if you have placed your contacts in the block messages list. If you have numbers in the block list then unblock them. From any Home screen, tap Messages. Tap the 3 dots icon. Tap Settings. Tap Block messages. Tap Block numbers. Tap the minus sign next to the number you want to remove. When finished, tap the back arrow.
- Try wiping the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
S8+ Recipient Not Getting Text Messages
Problem: I type and send a text message. When I don’t get a response after a while I go to see if there is a response by opening the original text and the text I sent is gone. Sometimes the texts are different colors. Sometimes the receiver doesn’t get my texts that are visible to me, I see I sent them. The ones that disappear are never recieved as well. This is happening whether I send to an android or Iphone.
Solution: If the text message is marked as sent on your phone then the message has already been transmitted to the messaging servers of your carrier. The most likely problem might be on how your carrier sends the text message to the recipients. You can however troubleshoot the problem and check if it is caused by a phone issue by following the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Clear the cache and data of the text messaging app from the application manager. Try checking if the issue still occurs.
- Wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset. Once the reset is complete do not install any apps yet in your phone. Try checking first if the issue still occurs.
In case the issue still occurs even after performing the above steps then you should try replacing your SIM card with a new one.
S8+ Cannot Receive Text Message From One Contact
Problem: There is one particular person when I send a message through messaging on my phone not through Facebook I do not see the message but the person does receive it I also cannot receive messages through my phone from this one particular person. This also goes for videos. Everyone else is fine I’m able to send messages and receive messages except from one of my contacts so happens to be my husband LOL
Solution: It’s very likely that you have blocked the contact from the Messaging app. To fix this issue you just have to unblock the contact.
- From the Home screen, tap Messages.
- Tap the 3 dots icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Block messages.
- Tap Block numbers.
- Tap the minus sign next to the number you want to remove.
- When finished, tap the back arrow.
S8+ No Text Message Notification
Problem: Five days ago my phone stopped notifying me that I have text messages . The sound doesn’t go off nor does the notification appear on top of phone . I didn’t realize it until I went to send a text and I had like twelve messages from that morning and even the day prior.
Solution: The first thing that you will want to do in this case is to make sure that the notification settings of the messaging app is turned on.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Toggle All apps on/off at the top.
- Alternatively, you can select the Messaging app then turn on its notification.
Next, configure the text message notification setting.
- From the Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
- Tap Messages
- Tap the Menu icon
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap the Messages switch
- Tap App icon badges to turn on
- Go to the categories section then configure the following options as desired.