The #Samsung #Galaxy #S5 is known as a solid workhorse that can be your reliable partner when you need a communication device. First released in April of 2014, this device is nearing the three year mark already and yet despite its age it is still being used by a lot of people today. One advantage that this former flagship device has has over current flagship models is that it has a removable battery making it easy to replace. Although this phone is pretty solid there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S5 keeps rebooting from startup screen issue & other related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S5 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
S5 Keeps On Rebooting From Startup Screen
Problem: My galaxy s5 keeps rebooting non stop. It gets to the loading screen that says “galaxy s5” then reboots. While it is on charge however, it starts and functions normally. Once it starts and is unplugged, it will crash and repeat once I open certain apps such as facebook. I tried checking for viruses, physical damage but it all seems fine. It just started happening all of a sudden. The phone is fully updated and fully charged.
Solution: If your phone does not crash or reboot when it is connected to its charger then there’s a possibility that the battery might already be bad and is causing this problem. Before buying a new battery one other factor that you should check first that can cause this problem is a glitch in the phone software. Try to perform the troubleshooting steps listed below first. Check if the issue still occurs after performing each step then move to the next one if it does.
- Remove the battery and microSD card ( if you have one installed) of the phone. Press and hold the power button for at least a minute. This will discharge the phone circuit and clear out its RAM. Reinsert just the battery then turn on the phone.
- Start the phone in Safe Mode. When the phone operates in this mode only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run. Check if the issue occurs in this mode. If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Try wiping the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
If the above steps fail to fix the problem then you should try getting a new battery and see if this fixes the problem. If it doesn’t then you need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked as this could already be caused by a hardware component that is failing to work.
S5 Not Turning On Unfortunately Phone Has Stopped Working Error
Problem: I was getting an error message unfortunately the phone has stopped working. I tried to reboot the phone. The message do not turn off target appeared. I got tired of waiting and removed my battery. Now my phone will not turn on at all.
Solution: The first thing that you should do in this particular issue is to make sure that the battery has sufficient charge to power the phone. Follow the troubleshooting steps listed below to charge your device.
- Remove the battery and microSD card of the phone. Press and hold the power button for at least a minute then reinsert the battery.
- Clean the charging port of your phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure that any dirt or debris stuck in the port gets removed.
- Charge your phone for at least 20 minutes. If you are not getting any charging indicator then try replacing the charging cable and wall charger.
- Try using a different battery on your phone if it does not respond to charging.
If the phone does not charge and there is no response from your device then you will need to bring this to a service center and have it checked.
If the phone charges then proceed with the steps listed below.
- Try to turn on your phone.
- Try turning on you phone in recovery mode. From here choose wipe cache partition. This will erase the temporary system data. Restart your phone then check if the issue still occurs.
- Turn on your phone in recovery mode then do a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
If your phone still does not turn on then you should bring it to a service center and have it checked.
S5 Screen Not Working After Phone Dropped
Problem: I dropped my Samsung galaxy s5, and since then the screen does not work. There is no physical damage to the screen. I have removed the battery and tried to reboot by holding down the 3 keys yet it is still not working. However when I pushed really hard on the back I got the Samsung loading screen to come on for a minute but then it went black again. The phone charges and turns on because the soft keys light up and I can hear it working when I touch the screen. Please help.
Solution: It looks like the connection between the display and the phone’s motherboard has become loose or the display itself might have been damaged by the drop. In either case you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S5 Not Turning On Unless Charging
Problem: My phone will not turn on unless it is charging. It’s at 100% but doesn’t work when unplugged. Once off the charger, it turns off immediately. If I try to turn it back on, it vibrates once every time “Samsung Galaxy S5 powered by android” shows up, then dies, and then repeats. It will continue doing that until it runs out of battery.
Related Problem: 1. Phone shuts off randomly even at 70% battery charge. It will not switch on even when I press the power button until I connect it to the charger. 2. Screen goes black. I have to tap the power button several times for it to go back to normal. 3. Screen flickers before it goes to sleep.
Solution: There are two things that you can do in this particular case. You are free to choose which one you would like to do first.
- Battery issues. Sometimes if the battery is already old it will not perform well. A device may need to be plugged to its charger constantly in order for it to work. Try replacing this battery and see if this works.
- Software issues. A glitch in the phone software can also cause this problem. If this is the case then try to backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
If the issue still occurs even after performing the steps listed above then you should bring your phone to a service center and have it checked.
S5 Use Original Samsung Charger Error
Problem: Message….”Unable to charge your device. Make sure that you are using a Samsung-compatible battery and charger, and that your device is properly connected to the charger.” I AM using a Samsung charger. I’ve been using the same charger for the past year and have had no problems. I have tried a soft reset, but it did not fix the problem.
Solution: Even if you are using an original Samsung charger this error message can still pop up. This might be due to some dirt or debris present in the charging port or it could be due to a faulty charging cable.
The initial troubleshooting steps that you should do is to clean the charging port with a can of compressed air. You should also try using a different charging cord when charging the phone.
If the issue persists then try the following steps listed below.
- Try using a different wall charger.
- Try using a new battery on your phone.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
If the problem still occurs even after performing the steps listed above then you should bring your phone to a service center and have it checked.
S5 Stuck In Boot Logo
Problem: Hi guys. My phone went completely flat yesterday. When I plugged it in to recharge it, I tried to turn it on. The “Samsung Galaxy S5 powered by android” screen came up for a few moments then the screen went black. The phone vibrated twice and there was a brief single line of light near the top and the same page came up again. If I leave the phone on it keeps going between a black screen and that first page and gets very hot. I’ve taken the battery out and left it to cool down a couple of times and I’ve left it turned off and charging for a few hours. But when I try to turn it on the same thing keeps happening. Can you help?
Solution: If your phone gets hot then this is a dangerous situation. Try removing the battery and replace it with a new one.
If your phone still gets hot and gets stuck in the boot logo then try starting the phone in recovery mode then do a factory reset. Take note that this procedure will delete your phone data.
If the problem persists then you need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.