Some owners of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus reported that their device has no sound. This problem happens from time to time but it’s not necessarily a serious problem. All you need to do is perform some basic troubleshooting procedure to regain audio in your device.
In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your Galaxy S10 Plus that has no sound or has audio problem. We will try to consider every possibility and rule them out one by one until we can determine what the problem really is and hopefully fix it. Continue reading as this article may be able to help you one way or another.
For those who are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this phone. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar to yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you still need our help, contact us anytime through our Android issues questionnaire.
Troubleshooting Galaxy S10 Plus that has no sound
We have encountered this problem a few times in the past and most of the time they were just some minor issues. That said, here are the things you need to do to fix your Galaxy S10 Plus that has no sound.
First solution: Make sure it’s not just a temporary firmware issue
Glitches happen from time to time and this could be just one of those cases. Thus, the first thing you have to do is perform the forced restart. It is a simulated battery removal which refreshes your phone’s memory as well as reloads all its apps and services.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and don’t release it yet.
- While holding down the volume button, press and hold the Power key as well.
- Keep both keys held down together for 15 seconds or until the Galaxy S10 logo shows on the screen.
Once the phone has successfully rebooted, try to play any track, stream Youtube video and make sure the volume is turned all the way up. If your phone still has no sound, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Restart your phone in safe mode
There are apps that can manipulate the audio of your phone. At this point, we don’t know if this is an issue with the firmware or if it was caused by an app. We need to rule this possibility out first before we troubleshoot the firmware.
When your S10 Plus is in this mode, all third-party apps are temporarily disabled. So if this problem is caused by one of the apps you installed, your phone should have audio while in this mode. Follow these steps to restart your phone in safe mode:
- Press and hold the Power key until options show.
- Tap and hold the Power off option until it changes into Safe Mode.
- Tap the Safe mode icon to restart your device.
- Once the reboot is successful, you should see ‘Safe mode’ at the lower-left corner of the screen.
If your phone has audio or plays the sound normally while in this mode, then it means that there’s a third-party application that’s causing the problem. Follow these steps to troubleshoot your phone further:
- Restart your phone normal to boot into standard mode.
- Remember the apps you installed about the time when the phone starts to reboot by itself.
- Once you already have an app in mind, swipe down from the top of the screen to pull the notification panel down.
- Tap the Settings icon on the upper-right corner.
- Scroll to and then tap Apps.
- Find and tap suspected app.
- Tap Storage.
- Touch Clear data and tap OK to confirm.
- Tap the back key once and then touch Uninstall.
- Confirm that you want to remove the app from your phone.
On the other hand, if your Galaxy S10 still has no sound even in this mode, then move on to the next solution.
Third solution: Reset all settings
When it comes to audio, it’s always possible that it’s just a matter of incorrect settings. At this point, we don’t know where to look to figure out what the problem really is. Thus, the best thing you can do is bring the phone back to its default settings and configuration. To do so, follow these steps:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to pull the notification panel down.
- Tap the Settings icon on the upper-right corner.
- Scroll to and tap General management.
- Touch Reset.
- Tap Reset settings.
- Tap the Reset settings button.
- If prompted, enter your PIN, Password or Pattern.
- Finally, tap Reset.
After resetting all settings in your Galaxy S10 and it still has no sound, then you have to move on to the next solution.
Fourth solution: Backup your files and reset your phone
At this point, a master reset would be necessary. If you’ve done all the first three procedures and your phone still has no sound or has audio problem, then there’s nothing left to do. A master reset will fix any software-related problems and if the has no sound due to a firmware problem, then it should be fixed after the reset. However, if the problem continues after the reset, then it’s safe to assume it’s a problem with the hardware.
Before the reset, make sure to create a backup of your important files and data so that you won’t lose any of them. After the backup, remove your google and samsung accounts so that you won’t be locked out after the reset. Once you’ve done all that, follow these steps to reset your Galaxy S10 that has no sound:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Galaxy S10+ logo shows, release all three keys.
- Your Galaxy S10 Plus will continue to boot up into the Recovery Mode. Once you see a black screen with blue and yellow texts, proceed to the next step.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Setup your phone after the reset and if still has no sound, then bring it back to the store or shop so that a technician can check it up for you. I hope that this troubleshooting guide has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. You may also visit our Youtube channel as we publish helpful videos every week.