Instagram is one of the most popular apps in the Play Store today and while it’s being updated regularly, problems still occur every now and then. The most common error is ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ that seems to be bugging some owners of the Samsung Galaxy A10. The error literally means that the app has stopped working or keeps on crashing for some reason. Good thing it’s a third-party app so you can always fix a problem like this.
In this post, I will guide you on how to fix your phone that keeps on popping up the error every time you open Instagram. We will try to consider all possibilities here and rule them out one after another until we can figure out what the issue really is and hopefully fix it. If you’re an owner of a Galaxy A10 and you’re having issues with Instagram, continue reading because this article may be able to help you.
Before we move on to our troubleshooting, if you are looking for a solution to a different issue, make sure you drop by our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed some of the most common problems reported by our readers. Find issues that are similar to yours and use the solutions we suggested. If you still need our help after that, then feel free to contact us by filling up our Android issues questionnaire.
Fixing a Galaxy A10 with ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ error
Troubleshooting a phone with a third-party app that keeps crashing is easier than when you’re trying to fix an issue with a pre-installed app. It’s because you can remove the app from your phone and the error will go away with the app. But the purpose of this guide is for you to be able to fix the problem and continue using the app. With that said, here’s what you should do about this problem:
First solution: Perform the forced restart
If this is the first time you encountered the error, then it’s probably just a minor problem with the firmware or the app. Needless to say, you will be able to fix this issue just be doing a few troubleshooting procedures and you must begin with the forced restart. It’s a simulated battery removal that will refresh your phone’s memory and reload all its apps and services. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and don’t release it yet.
- While holding down the volume button, press and hold the Power key as well.
- Keep both keys held down together for 15 seconds or until the Galaxy A10 logo shows on the screen.
After your phone has finished rebooting, try to see if the ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ error still shows up. If it still does, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Clear the cache and data of Instagram
Clearing the cache and data means you’re resetting the app back to its default settings and configuration. Most of the time, if the problem is only with the app, this would be enough to fix it. It’s effective yet you don’t have to worry about losing any of your files or data. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to the screen where the Instagram icon is located.
- Tap and hold on the Instagram icon until options show.
- Tap App info.
- Touch Storage.
- Tap Clear cache.
- Now, tap Clear data and touch OK to confirm.
After this, try to launch the app and see if the ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ error still shows up.
Third solution: Uninstall Instagram and reinstall it
When it comes to third party applications that keep crashing, this procedure can be considered as the ultimate solution. It is because most of the time, the problem is with the app or a rather minor firmware-related issue. You won’t lose any of your files if you do this procedure, so it’s safe as well as effective. Here’s how:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap the Settings icon.
- Find and then tap Apps.
- Find the app you want to remove and tap on it.
- Tap Storage.
- Touch clear cache.
- Touch Clear data and tap OK to confirm.
- Tap the back key once and then touch Uninstall.
- Confirm that you want to remove the app from your phone.
- Once the app is successfully removed, pull up the app drawer.
- Find and then tap Google Play Store.
- In the search field, key in ‘instagram’ and then hit search.
- Tap Instagram and then touch Install.
- Once the installation is complete, tap Open.
If the ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ error still pops up after this, then the problem could be a result of a firmware-related problem that affected many of your apps and not just Instagram. You must do the next procedure.
Fourth solution: Master reset your phone
A reset will surely fix problems like this as long as the firmware has not been modified in any way. But prior to the reset, make sure to create a copy of your important files and data because they will be deleted. After the reset, remove your Google account so that you won’t be locked out. When ready, follow these steps to reset your phone:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
- When the Galaxy A10 logo shows, release all three keys.
- Your Galaxy A10 will continue to boot up into the Recovery Mode. Once you see a black screen with blue and yellow texts, proceed to the next step.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your Galaxy A10 with ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ error. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling out this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. You may also visit our Youtube channel as we publish helpful videos every week.