Samsung’s Galaxy Note10+ S Pen is a tiny wonder that offers a lot of functionalities that you can use. The current S Pen is a great improvement previous S Pens from older models. The fine nib or tip at 0.7mm offers 4096 pressure levels that ensures much improved accuracy when writing on the screen. Great as it may be though, the S Pen can still malfunction for a number of reasons, one of which being physical damage to the nib. When that happens, what you must do is to replace the tip. This post will show you how to easily replace the Galaxy Note10+ S Pen nib.
How to replace Galaxy Note10+ S Pen nib or tip
If you find that your Galaxy Note10 S Pen is not working properly, one of the things that you can do is to check whether the tip is the cause. Although Samsung has made great strides in improving the S Pen over the years, the nib or tip can still malfunction if you’re not careful. In most cases, wear and tear simply takes its toll. If you’re wondering how to replace the S Pen tip on your Note10+, you’re reading the write post.
Before you actually replace the S Pen nib, you should consider removing any third party protective case or screen protectors. Sometimes, they can affect how your S Pen works as they don’t have the right quality that’s compatible with your device.
Cleaning the screen can sometimes also works wonders for S Pen problems. Just wipe the screen with clean, soft cloth and see what happens.
If the S Pen continues to malfunction, or if your Galaxy Note10+ does not register your strokes anymore, then go ahead and replace it. It’s really just a simple process. All you have to do is to use the tweezers that came with the box to pull the old nib out. Follow the steps below on how to do this.
Replacing the Galaxy Note10+ S Pen nib or tip
- Get the tweezers from the box.
- Firmly hold the nib with the tweezers and gently pull it out with care. Make sure that when you are pulling the nib, it is perpendicular to the S Pen to avoid any damage.
- Now, take the new nib out and insert it to the tip of your S Pen. When doing this, ensure that you don’t press excessively the nib to avoid damaging it. Do not insert the round end of the nib into the S Pen. Doing so may cause damage to the S Pen or your device.
Other things to consider when inserting the nib:
- Do not bend or apply excessive pressure with the S Pen while using it. The S Pen may be damaged or the nib may be deformed.
- If you use the S Pen at sharp angles on the screen, the device may not recognize the S Pen actions.
- If water enters the S Pen slot, gently shake the device to remove the water from the slot before using it.
Having Issues with your phone? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.