In this post, we will show you what to do if your Redmi Note 9 won’t turn on or stopped responding. We often refer to this problem as the black screen of death and it may seem like a serious hardware problem, but it’s actually just a minor issue most of the time. Continue reading to learn more.
Android tends to crash every now and then. When that happens, your phone will naturally stop responding. If you’re using an app while it happens, you might be stuck on a certain screen, but there are times when the phone just shuts down and would no longer respond. If this happens to you, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Force reboot your Redmi Note 9
If there are no visible signs of hardware damage, then your Redmi Note 9 may have powered off due to a firmware crash. That’s something you can fix by doing the forced restart. So if your device just won’t respond for some reason, here’s what you need to do:
- Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds or more. This will trigger it to boot up.
- When the logo shows, release the power key and allow the device to continue the boot process uninterrupted.
Most of the time, this is the only thing you need to do to make a phone respond again. However, if this procedure fails, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Charge your phone and do the Forced restart
If your Redmi Note 9 failed to respond after doing the first and second solutions, then what you have to do next is charge it and do the forced reboot while it’s charging. It’s possible that the battery was drained and the firmware crashed just before the device powered off. So here’s what you should do:
- Plug the charger to a working wall outlet.
- Connect your phone to the charger using the appropriate cable.
- Regardless of whether your Note 9 shows the charging sign or not, leave it connected to the charger for at least 5 minutes.
- Now while the device is still connected to the charger, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds or more.
- If the logo shows, release the power key and it should boot up successfully.
However, if this doesn’t fix the problem either, then you have to let a technician check the device for you. There’s probably an issue with the hardware.
And that’s what you need to do if your Redmi Note 9 won’t turn on. We hope that this troubleshooting guide can help you.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. Thanks for reading!
- Redmi Note 8 Stuck On Fastboot Screen. Here’s The Fix!
- Redmi Note 8 Won’t Turn On? Here’s How You Fix It!