In this video, we will show you what to do if your Redmi Note 9 runs slow or sluggish after the recent update. Basically, you only have to do at least a couple of procedures to fix such an issue. Most of the time, these problems aren’t really that serious so you’ll be able to fix it on your own. Continue reading to learn more about it.
Performance issues may occur every now and then, but just like any other issues of its kind, it’s often fixable. You just have to do some procedures to be able to make your device work perfectly again, and that’s what we’re going to do here. With that said, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Close all apps running in the background
Perhaps the reason why your phone has become so sluggish is because there are already a lot of apps running in the background.
So the first thing that you have to do is close them and see if the problem gets fixed. Here’s how you do that:
- Tap the Recent Apps key to view apps you’ve recently used.
- Now tap the X to stop them all in one go.
Once you’ve closed all those apps, try to see if your Redmi Note 9 still runs slowly.
Second solution: Force restart your phone
The next thing you have to do is to refresh your phone’s memory, as there’s a chance that this is all just because of a minor system glitch. To do so, try doing the forced restart and see if that can help. This is how it’s done:
- Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will trigger your phone to shut down and power back up.
- Once the logo shows on the screen, release the Power key and wait until the boot process is finished.
After the restart, try to see if your Redmi Note 9 is still sluggish or laggy.
Third solution: Factory reset your phone
Most of the time, performance issues can be fixed by the first two solutions. However, if the issue persists or if it occurs occasionally, then you will have to reset your device.
A reset will fix this kind of problem but make sure to create a backup of your important files. When you’re ready, follow these steps to reset your phone.
- To begin, launch Settings and then tap About phone.
- Scroll down a bit and tap Factory reset.
- Tap Erase all data at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your security lock to proceed.
- Wait for the countdown to finish and then tap Next.
- Wait until the counter is finished again and then tap OK.
- The screen will turn black as the reset begins.
Once the reset is complete, set up your Redmi Note 9 as a new device.
And that’s what you need to do if your Redmi Note 9 runs slow. We hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
If you find this post helpful, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to support us. Thanks for reading!