Some players are reporting that they’re getting the annoying DirectX error when playing the new Madden NFL 22. If you’re one of these unfortunate players, you’ve come to the right article. Learn what you must do to fix this type of error below.
How to fix Madden NFL 22 DirectX error?
If you are unable to play Madden NFL 22 on your PC due to a persistent DirectX error, try the solutions below to fix it:
Solution #1: Install updates.
Keeping games, drivers, apps, and the software in general is an effective way to prevent issues, fix detected glitches, and improve the software performance of your PC. You want to ensure that the software environment is running its latest version all the time. To do this, be sure to check for updates for the following:
- Windows OS
Solution #2: Refresh your computer.
After you’ve made sure that every piece of software is updated in your PC, the next good thing that you can do is to power cycle it. This is another simple yet sometimes effective way to get rid of minor bugs that impact apps and games. Shut down your computer completely (by choosing Shut Down option) and unplug it from the power outlet for 30 seconds. This should be enough time to clear the memory cache, which might also help in this situation.
Solution #3: Check for GPU updates.
DirectX errors can sometimes be triggered by outdated graphics drivers. If you continue to experience the Madden NFL 22 DirectX error, make sure that you update your GPU drivers.
You can either manually check for driver updates by going to Device Manager, or you can let the system do the checking by using a special software for your hardware. For example, if you have an NVIDIA graphics card, you can just install the NVIDIA GeForce Experience app so it downloads the latest driver updates for you.
To know how to update your drivers, check these links:
Solution #4: Try using DirectX 11.
By default, Madden NFL 22 will use whatever version of DirectX is installed on your PC. In my case, that’s DirectX 12 so the game is using this version on my PC. However, you can manually force the game to use another version like the older DirectX 11, which is also supported by the game and, in fact, is listed as a specified minimum requirement.
The exact steps to change to another DirectX version depends on the platform you’re using. For example, if you’re playing the Steam version of Madden 22, here’s how it’s done:
- Open Steam.
- Go ro your Game Library.
- Right Click on Madden NFL 22 and select Properties.
- Under General tab, go to Launch Options and type in -force -dx11 in the text field. If you’re currently running Madden 22 in DirectX 11 but wants to use DirectX 12, simply type in -force -dx12 instead.
- Click OK.
Solution #5: Repair the game files.
Some cases of DirectX errors on Madden 22 can be caused by bad or corrupted game files. To ensure that your Madden 22 game files are intact and in good health, make sure to repair them from time to time. The exact steps on how to repair game files depends on the game launcher you’re using.
How to verify Madden 22 game files on Steam
- Launch the Steam app.
- Go to the Library.
- Look for the Madden NFL 22 and right click the icon.
- Then, select Properties from the drop down options.
- Choose the Local Files tab.
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files to begin the repair process.
- Run Madden 22 again to check if the crashing issue is gone.
How to repair game Madden 22 files on Origin
- Open Origin Launcher.
- Select My Game Library in Origin.
- Right-click on the Madden NFL 22 game tile.
- Select Repair Game.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Run Madden NFL 22 again to check if the issue has been eliminated.
How to verify Madden 22 game files on Epic Games
- Open Epic Games launcher.
- Select Library on the upper left.
- Below the game tile, click on the three-dots.
- Select Verify.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Launch Madden NFL 22 and check for the problem.
Solution #6: Run an SFC scan.
Another way to update corrupted, missing, or damaged game files is by running the System File Checker tool. This is a built-in Windows command tool that can help a user manually tell the system to update detected files and folders. Follow these steps to do an SFC scan:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in “cmd” and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type the “command sfc /scannnow” and press Enter key.
- Wait for the system to finish checking and updating.
Solution #6: Reinstall Madden NFL 22.
If the game is still not working at this point, the last solution that you can try is to delete it from the system and do another clean install. This may work if the cause of the problem is due to a glitch with your Operating System, or if the game client has encountered a glitch that’s unique to your system.
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES:
- How To Fix Twitch Won’t Launch On Windows 10 | NEW 2021
- How To Fix Discord Music Bot Lagging, Buffering, Choppy Sound| 2021
- How To Fix Discord Push To Talk Not Working On PC | NEW 2021
- How To Fix Rythm Discord Bot Not Working | NEW 2021
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.