With its huge battery, it is apparent that one of LG X Charge selling-points is its long uptime but that would be put to waste if your phone freezes and would no longer respond. Such is the case with some of our readers that own this device. Some reported that their phone got stuck on a certain screen and would not respond to their commands. Others, however, said that their units seemed to have turned off and won’t turn back on.
In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your LG X Charge that may have froze or turned off and would no longer respond. I will share with you the solution we’ve been using to effectively address this problem. So, if you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently having similar issues, then continue reading as this article may be able to help you one way or another.
Before we proceed, if you’re looking for a solution to a problem with your phone, try to browse through our troubleshooting pages to see if we support your device. If your phone is in the list of our supported devices, then go to the troubleshooting page and look for similar problems. Feel free to use our solutions and workarounds. Don’t worry it’s free. But if you still need our help, then fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
How to fix your frozen LG X Charge
While this problem may seem like a serious issue with the hardware, most of the time it’s not. In fact, it’s more of an issue with the firmware and the good thing about it is that you can fix it on your own without any help from a technician. With all that being said, here’s what I suggest you do about this problem.
Posts you might like
First solution: Forced Reboot
If you’ve owned a phone with a removable battery, then you must be familiar with the battery pull procedure to refresh it. We often do such method when the phone hangs, freezes or not working properly. It’s a simple procedure be most of the time effective. Your LG X Charge, however, has a non-removable battery so you can’t do the battery pull but you can do the forced reboot which is the equivalent of such procedure.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key simultaneously for 10 seconds or more.
If the combination is performed correctly, your LG X Charge will reboot normally and boots up to the Home screen. You can then continue to use it however, there’s no guarantee the problem would never happen again in the future.
On the other hand, if it doesn’t respond to it, then try doing this:
- Press and hold the volume down button and don’t release it.
- Press and hold the power key while holding down the volume down button.
- Keep both keys held down together for 10 seconds or so.
The second procedure is basically the same as the first but we’re making sure that you press and hold the power key after the volume down button because doing otherwise won’t give you the same result. If your phone is still not responding after this, however, then move on to the next procedure.
- What to do if your LG X Charge no longer turns on (easy fix)
- How to unfreeze your frozen LG Q6 that no longer responds (easy fix)
- How to fix your LG Q6 that won’t turn on (easy steps)
Second solution: Charge your phone and do the Forced Reboot again
It’s possible that the reason why your phone no longer responds is a drained battery especially if the screen is black. While a drained battery is not really a problem, it may cause the firmware to crash and your phone unresponsive and in such case, you already have a couple of issues. Sure a forced reboot can fix the crash but you can’t make a phone respond if there’s not enough juice to power it up. With that said, here’s what you should do:
- Plug the charger to a working wall outlet and make sure you’re using the original wired charger.
- Using the original power / data cable, connect your device to its charger.
- Regardless whether the charging signs are showing or not, allow the phone to be connected to its charger for 10 minutes.
- After which, press and hold the Volume Down button and don’t release it.
- Then, press and hold the Power key while holding down the Volume Down button.
- Keep both keys held down together for 10 seconds or more to simulate battery disconnect.
If the issue occurred due to a drained battery and firmware crash, your LG X Charge should already be booting up by now. But if it still not responding, then it’s time to bring it back to the shop so that a technician can check it for you.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
Posts you may also like to check out:
- How to boot your LG G6 in Safe mode, wipe cache partition, factory and master reset [Tutorials]
- How to fix your LG G6 that won’t turn on [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix your LG G6 with screen flickering issue [Troubleshooting Guide]
- LG G6 Text Messages Takes Forever To Send Issue & Other Related Problems
- How to fix LG G6 Plus that keeps on rebooting (easy steps)
- How to fix LG G6 Plus that keeps freezing and crashing (easy steps)