Wondering how to use your fingerprint to unlock the screen of your Google Pixel 3 XL? Check out the easy steps below on how to do it.
When using fingerprint as your main screen unlock option, we highly emphasize that you also keep a secondary option handy, that is, to remember it as well. There are a lot of people who may find fingerprint unlock option as a hit-and-miss way to access their devices, especially if there’s a hardware problem on the screen or with the fingerprint sensor. Make sure that you also remember a second way to unlock your Pixel 3 XL (PIN, Pattern, or Password) in the event that the system may not be able to read your fingerprint properly.
How many fingerprints can be registered?
You can store up to 5 fingerprints on your device. Make sure that each of these fingerprints are set up correctly to avoid causing screen lock problems in the future.
How to add a fingerprint on your Google Pixel 3 XL
Setting up a fingerprint is as easy. Just follow the instructions below and you’re all set.
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Security & Location.
- Tap Pixel Imprint.
- From the ‘Unlock with Pixel Imprint’ screen, tap Next.
- Enter the current PIN, password, or pattern if prompted.
- On the ‘Unlock selection’ screen, choose an option to use as a backup screen lock (e.g., Pixel Imprint + Pattern, etc.) then follow the instructions to set up the backup screen lock.
- On the ‘Touch the sensor’ screen, place your finger on the sensor until it vibrates then lift.
- On the ‘Lift, then touch again’ screen, continue pressing the sensor several times until it shows completed.
- Tap ‘Done’ or ‘Add another’ to add another fingerprint.