A lot of Galaxy Note10+ users would want to change a number of default settings on their phone after setting it up. If you find that the Galaxy Note10+ app icons and font size are way too big, don’t worry as you have an option to modify them. Learn what you can do in this tutorial.
How to make Galaxy Note10+ icons and font smaller | change font size
There are a few ways to make Galaxy Note10+ icons and font smaller. Below are the options you can try.
How to make Galaxy Note10+ Home screen apps smaller
The Galaxy Note10+ has a large display and one of the first things that you’ll notice when setting the device up for the first time are the humongous app shortcuts in the home screen. If you want to change that, follow these steps:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Tap and hold on an empty space.
- Tap Home screen settings.
- You’ll see a number of options that you can change here. Start by selecting Home screen layout, then select either Home and Apps screens or Home screen only.
- Afterwards, go back to the previous section and tap Home screen grid. If you want the smallest app icon setting, select 5×6, then hit Apply.
- Go back to the previous screen.
- Select Apps screen grid and select 5×6 if you want to use the smallest option. Then hit Apply.
- That’s it! Your Home screen should now look better and app shortcuts should be much smaller.
How to make Galaxy Note10+ font size smaller
If you also want to keep the font size down, follow these steps:
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Display.
- Tap Font size and style.
- Move the blue circle to the left to keep font size smaller.
- If you want to change the current font style, tap Font style and pick another font from the list or download a new one.
How to change font size in Samsung Messages app
Some users may find to their surprise that changing the font size of their Galaxy Note10+ may not affect the font size of their text messages at all. That’s because Samsung Messages font size settings are independent of the general settings. If you want to change the font size of your text messages in the default Samsung Messages app, follow these steps:
- Open Messages app.
- Select a text message to open it.
- Using two fingers, you can zoom in or out the screen, which in turn will change the font size of the said text message. This also works in the Reply box.
Some Galaxy Note10+ Themes may also change app icons and font size. Try to pick a theme you want if none of the suggestions above will not help. Check this short guide on how to modify the theme on your Galaxy Note10:
How to change Galaxy Note10+ themes | ways to use Galaxy Themes
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook page.