If you’re into mobile gaming and you have the new Google Pixel 3, then you should have heard about Epic’s move to bring Fortnite to mobile devices. Almost all of new smartphones with average to high technical specs can play the game but unlike other apps, Fortnite cannot be downloaded from the Play Store despite the fact that it’s free.
A word of advice, if someone sent you a link where you can download the game from, be cautious especially if the link points to other websites. Download the game from Epic Games’ website only to make sure your account isn’t compromised. Remember, the game cannot be downloaded from the Play Store and any other app stores out there and you don’t have to pay a penny to be able to play the game since it’s free-to-play.
Now, before going further, here are some information you may need to know…
Fortnite Android Minimum Specs
- 64-bit Android 5.0 Lollipop or higher
- 3 GB free storage space
- 3 GB RAM minimum
- GPU Adreno 530 or better, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or better
Basically, your Google Pixel 3 can run this game like a breeze so you shouldn’t have any problems once it’s installed.
How to Install Fortnite on Pixel 3
As I said earlier, the developers of Fortnite doesn’t want to go through the conventional way of distributing the app so here’s what you’re going to do:
- Go to Epic Games’ website or follow this link.
- You will have to scan the QR code so you can download the file that will also initiate the download of data files for the game.
- Once the file is downloaded, grant permission so that it can run on your phone. The instructions will be provided on the screen so you just have to follow them.
- The file will be installed and it will be the one to initiate the download of necessary data files so the game could run. Depending on your connection, it may take several minutes to complete and you must use WiFi instead of mobile data.
- The entire process will be seamless but the app may be updated a once or twice as there have already been several updates released by the developer.
- Once Fortnite is successfully installed on your Pixel 3, you may have to sign up for a new account or if you’ve already played the game via other platforms, you just have to login using the account you were using.
As far as installation of Fortnite on Pixel 3 is concerned, that’s all you need to know and do before you can begin playing on your mobile device.