Are you wondering where to put your carrier’s SIM card in your brand new OnePlus 6 device? This short tutorial should help you figure that out.
Before we proceed, be reminded that we provide answers to Android problems. If you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
Follow these steps on how to insert your SIM card to your OnePlus 6:
- Prepare the SIM card, phone, and the SIM ejector tool.
- Familiarize yourself with the location of the SIM card tray. While looking at the screen of your phone, the SIM card tray should be on the left hand side of the phone. It’s above the volume button and has a tiny button.
- Now, use the SIM ejector tool that came with in the box to eject the SIM card tray make sure to push the tip of the SIM removal tool to the hole firmly.
- When the tray pops out, pull it out from the phone.
- You’ll notice that there will two slots in the tray. One is for your SIM card while the other is for a microSD card. Make sure to use the correct slot for your SIM card. Only a Nano-SIM card will fit into the SIM tray. If your SIM card is bigger, then get a Nano-SIM card first. The metallic contacts of SIM card should face downward.
- Once you’ve put the SIM card to the tray, carefully insert the tray back to the phone.