In this content, we will discuss how to get Steam Achievements easier for any games you want. This is applicable for players who are very particular about collecting achievements available for certain games and consider it time consuming to unlock an achievement the usual way. The steps are very simple with the help of the Steam Achievement Manager (SAM) tool which we will provide the full details below.
What are Steam Achievements?
Achievements are rewards given to players for completing tasks or fulfilling some challenging objectives created by developers in the games. Once a player unlocked an achievement, it will be reflected on his profile including the percentage of the total unlocked achievements. Although it doesn’t provide anything special or additional points for players unlike the achievements in Xbox that can be redeemed, it can give a boost to players’ confidence especially for those who were able to complete the rare and difficult challenges on their favorite games.
What is SAM?
Steam Achievement Manager (SAM) is an application available for free that easily monitors achievements and has the capability to alter achievements on any games. This tool makes it much easier for hardcore players to add and track every rewards they have on their respective accounts. Although there are some players who are skeptical of using the tool to manage their achievements on Steam, the majority of players find SAM safe to use. Also, there have been no reports of a player being banned from Steam because of using the said tool to get achievements. The SAM application can be downloaded on this website.
How to Get Steam Achievements?
In order to unlock and get Steam achievements the easy way, you need to install the SAM app on your computer. Once you have successfully installed the application, you can begin adding achievements on your profile by following the process below. Ensure to close any application from Steam that is currently running before using the SAM.
- Launch the Steam application and log in using your username and password.
- Then open the SAM tool on your computer. All the games installed in your Steam account will be reflected automatically in the application.
- Double-click the game you want to get an achievement or enter the Steam game ID on the field located at the top left of the application and then click Add Game. A new window will pop up on the screen showing all the available achievements in SAM and will also reflect that you are currently playing the game on Steam.
- Put a checkmark by selecting the achievement you wish to unlock from the list.
The achievements in your Steam account will be updated after the achievement has been successfully unlocked in SAM. Take note that these steps are also applicable if you want to remove any achievements from your account. The only difference is to remove the checkmark beside the achievements you want to eliminate in SAM.
How to Find the Steam ID of the Game
As mentioned above, Steam game ID (or commonly known as App ID) can also be used to search for the specific game you wanted to get the achievements from in SAM. If you are wondering where to get the App ID, you can try either of these two simple methods provided below.
Get the App ID by accessing the application’s Game Store:
- Open the Steam application.
- Go to the Game Store page.
- Enter the name of the game to identify its corresponding App ID which is included in the URL. The app ID is found after the word app in the URL.
Locate the Steam Game ID through the Steam Database where all the games are listed:
- Access the application’s database.
- Search any games on the website.
- The result will show the information of the game including their App ID.
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES:
- How To Fix COD Warzone “Searching For A Match” Bug | NEW 2021
- How To Fix League Of Legends Authentication Service Error | NEW 2021
- How To Fix DOTA 2 Connection Issues | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix COD Warzone Connection Issues On PC | NEW 2021
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.