Soundlink Micro Bluetooth speaker, is considered to be the smallest Bluetooth speaker ever made by Bose. Despite its size, you’ll actually be surprised as how this palm-size Bluetooth speaker does its job in producing the best sound quality and loudness there is. Since this speaker is a Bluetooth speaker, it means that it can connect with another Bluetooth enabled device as well. Basically, Bluetooth speakers receives digital audio from Bluetooth Transmissions. Connecting and pairing to a Bluetooth device is a simple process, however there are issues that can occur where Soundlink Micro does not connect to a device. In here, we will tackle some recommended troubleshooting methods on how to fix this problem.
Fix Soundlink Micro Does Not Connect To a Bluetooth Device
One of the common reason why this problem occurs is because of the Bluetooth settings that is not enabled. Another reason is that both the speaker and the device is far from each other that wireless connection could not take place. Also, pairing process should be done correctly for the connection to be successful. One more thing that may be the reason is that the pairing list of Bluetooth devices is already full.
Before performing the methods listed below, let us show you about the speaker’s overview and specifications:
- Dimensions: 3.87″ H 3.87″ W 1.37″ D
- Weight: 10.24 oz
- Input and Output: Micro-B USB port
- Wireless range: 30 feet (9 meters)
- Battery life: 6 hours
- Waterproof: Yes
- Speakerphone: Yes
- Colors available: Black, Midnight Blue, Bright Orange
Listed below are troubleshooting methods that you can perform to fix Bluetooth pairing mode problem with speaker and device
Method 1: Check if Bluetooth setting is enabled
If the Bluetooth speaker does not connect to a device, the very first thing you need to do is to check whether the Bluetooth is enabled. If Bluetooth is disabled, it is the cause why Bluetooth device and speaker can’t connect.
- Press Power Button to turn speaker ON
- Press and Hold the Bluetooth Button
- Wait for blinking blue light to appear on Bluetooth Button. Then release pressing Bluetooth button.
Once Bluetooth button is already blinking blue light, it means that it is now in a pairing mode and is ready to connect to Bluetooth device
Method 2: Move devices closer to each other
The ideal distance between the speaker and the device is 30 feet or 9 meters. This is also the wireless range for Bluetooth connection to be successful. If both device are not in close proximity with each other, you will not be able to connect with each other via Bluetooth. Make sure the device you’re trying to pair and trying to connect Bluetooth and the speaker are within the recommended wireless range.
Although wall, doors and another device that is nearby can be an obstacle to the wireless range, make sure to remove or stay away from those obstacles to Bluetooth pairing and Bluetooth connection to be successful
Method 3: Pairing must be correctly performed
When pairing and connecting is done incorrectly, it can be the culprit why speaker does not connect to a Bluetooth device. Make sure to follow the steps below on how to correctly pair both Bluetooth enabled device.
There are two options to pair and connect, follow them below:
Using Bluetooth buttons of the speaker:
- Press Power Button to turn ON speaker
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button until Bluetooth button is blinking blue
- Go to Bluetooth settings on device and enable it.
- On device, search and select Soundlink Micro from the list. If speaker is not found, press the Scan or Search option and wait for it to appear.
Using Bose Connect app:
- Go to Bluetooth Setting on device
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned ON or enabled
- Press the Power button to turn ON speaker
- Press and hold the Bluetooth Button, wait for Bluetooth button to blink blue light
- Open Bose Connect app from device, wait for the list of available speaker to appear. If Soundlink Micro is on the list, select on it to start pairing if not press the Scan or Search option and wait for it to appear.
Method 4: Delete memory of previously paired Bluetooth devices
Bluetooth speakers can remember at least 8 Bluetooth devices. It it has been more than 8 Bluetooth devices, it may be the cause why it is not connecting to the device. Ideally, when previously paired Bluetooth devices is nearby, Bluetooth speakers automatically reconnects with them. And if two or more nearby Bluetooth devices is within range, the speaker may find it difficult which one to connect with. Make sure the devices lists of saved devices are removed or cleared.
Erasing the memory of previously paired Bluetooth devices will create a new list of memory and from then will only reconnect to the devices that you want it to connect.
Method 5: Reboot speaker
To correct minor issues on a device, it is advised to reboot it from time to time. A simple process that only involves two steps: Turning the device OFF and then turning it back ON again. Or you can place the device in Airplane mode for a few seconds.
After performing this method, try to connect speaker and device again and then check if the issue still exists.
Method 6: Reset Soundlink speaker
If the above mentioned troubleshooting methods did not fix can’t connect to device issue, you may need to reset speaker. Resetting brings back the speaker to its default state.
To do this:
- Press the Power Button to turn speaker ON
- Press and hold the Power Button for 10 seconds. Wait for blinking blue light to appear. Then, a voice prompt will appear to ask you to select a language, then release the power button.
- Reset is now complete.
Try connecting speaker and device again via and check if the issue is fixed.
Method 7: Check and install updates
Lastly, check for product updates. Updates on the product fixes bugs and gives product enhancements . Make sure to update your product from time to time:
Two ways to update:
- Via Bose connect app
- Via Bose Online Updater: Connect speaker to the computer and then use the Online updater found on Bose website.
Hope this article helps Bose Micro won’t connect to a Bluetooth issue. For more troubleshooting videos, feel free to visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel.
- How To Fix Bose Soundlink Micro Battery Will Not Charge Problem
- How To Fix Bose Soundlink Micro Does Not Turn On Issues