The JBL Xtreme 3 Bluetooth not working issue prevents you from connecting the speaker to your smartphone. There are several reasons why this is happening such as a drained battery, device not paired, or device not within range. You need to do several troubleshooting steps to fix this.
The JBL Xtreme 3 is a portable Bluetooth speaker that’s designed to be used outdoors. It is designed to be rugged and has four drivers within two passive radiators allowing it to deliver a deep bass sound. Some of its features include an IP67 waterproof and dustproof body, up to 15 hours of playtime on a single charge, and wireless Bluetooth streaming just to name a few.
Technical specifications of JBL Xtreme 3:
- Transducers: 2 x 70mm woofer/2 x 2.75″, 2 x 20mm tweeter/2 x 0.75″
- Rated output power: 2 x 25W RMS woofer + 2 x 25W RMS tweeter (AC power mode)
- Power input: 5V/9V/12V/15V/20V, 3A
- Frequency response: 53.5Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 80dB
- Battery type: Li-ion 36.3Wh
- Battery charge time: 2.5 hours (20V/3A input)
- Music play time: up to 15 hours (dependent on volume level and audio content)
- USB-A output: 5V/2.0A (maximum)
- USB-C output: 5V/1.5A (maximum)
- Total 2.5A maximum for USB-A & USB-C
- Bluetooth version: 5.1
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2400MHz – 2483.5MHz
- Bluetooth transmitter power: <12dBm (EIRP)
- 2.4GHz SRD frequency range: 2407MHz – 2475MHz
- SRD transmitter power: <10dBm (EIRP)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 298.5 x 136 x 134mm
- Weight: 1.968kg
What to do when your JBL Xtreme 3 cannot connect to a Bluetooth device
One issue that you might encounter with your Xtreme 3 Bluetooth speaker is when you are unable to connect it to your smartphone. This can be an annoying problem especially if you want to play your favorite music on the speaker. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on Xtreme 3
The first thing you have to do when experiencing this problem is a factory reset or hard reset. This procedure will erase the data stored on the Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button.
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Play button.
Do this until the device turns off which should be around 5-6 seconds.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button. The device should now be in pairing mode.
Make sure to forget this speaker on your phone before you pair with it again.
Method 2: Pair the Bluetooth device
Sometimes the problem is due to the speaker being paired to another device or not paired at all to any device. To fix this you will need to pair the speaker again.
- Turn on the Xtreme 3.
- Press and hold down the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds
- When the blue light begins flashing the Bluetooth speaker is ready to pair and connect.
Delete the speaker connection name on your phone then do a Bluetooth scan so that the speaker name will appear on it. Try connecting to the speaker.
Method 3: Charge the speaker to fix Bluetooth not working
The speaker Bluetooth feature will not work if it’s battery is low in charge. To fix this problem all you need to do is to charge the speaker with its charger.
- Insert the USB-C charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Connect the wall charger to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 2.5 hours then check if the issue is fixed.
Method 4: Device is not in range
The ideal distance between the speaker and the device it is connecting to should not exceed 100 feet. This range will decrease if there are a lot of obstructions or signal interferences such as walls between both devices.
Try placing the speaker and the device it is connecting to side by side then check if the problem still occurs.
Having the JBL Xtreme 3 Bluetooth not working issue can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.