The JBL Xtreme 3 will not turn on problem can be caused by different factors. The battery might be drained, there might be a glitch in the software, or this might be caused by a faulty hardware. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The Xtreme 3 is a portable Bluetooth speaker that delivers excellent quality sound thanks to its two bass radiators and four drivers. It’s best used outdoors as it is quite loud and has a rugged body. Some of its features include an IP67 waterproof and dustproof body, up to 15 hours of playtime on a single charge, and wireless Bluetooth streaming just to name a few.
Technical specifications of JBL Xtreme 3:
- Transducers: 2 x 70mm woofer/2 x 2.75″, 2 x 20mm tweeter/2 x 0.75″
- Rated output power: 2 x 25W RMS woofer + 2 x 25W RMS tweeter (AC power mode)
- Power input: 5V/9V/12V/15V/20V, 3A
- Frequency response: 53.5Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 80dB
- Battery type: Li-ion 36.3Wh
- Battery charge time: 2.5 hours (20V/3A input)
- Music play time: up to 15 hours (dependent on volume level and audio content)
- USB-A output: 5V/2.0A (maximum)
- USB-C output: 5V/1.5A (maximum)
- Total 2.5A maximum for USB-A & USB-C
- Bluetooth version: 5.1
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2400MHz – 2483.5MHz
- Bluetooth transmitter power: <12dBm (EIRP)
- 2.4GHz SRD frequency range: 2407MHz – 2475MHz
- SRD transmitter power: <10dBm (EIRP)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 298.5 x 136 x 134mm
- Weight: 1.968kg
What to do when your JBL Xtreme 3 won’t turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your Xtreme 3 Bluetooth speaker is when it fails to turn on. This can be an annoying issue especially if you want to use it listen to your favorite music. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on Xtreme 3
The first thing you should do in this case is a factory reset or hard reset. This procedure will wipe out your data on the Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection or when there are power issues.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Play button.
Do this for around 5-6 seconds.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button. The device should now be in pairing mode.
Method 2: Charge the speaker to fix will not turn on issue
The speaker will not turn on if its battery is drained. To fix this problem all you need to do is to charge the speaker with its charger.
- Insert the USB-C charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Connect the wall charger to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 2.5 hours then check if you can turn it on.
Method 3: Faulty battery
A defective or damaged battery will prevent the speaker from turning on. Replacing the battery will fix this however it is recommended that you have this done at a service center.
Some of the causes why a battery will fail is if it is constantly being overcharged or when it is always being exposed to heat. These factors will rapidly degrade the battery performance.
Method 4: Faulty circuit board
Although this speaker is designed to be waterproof it is still possible for water to get into the speaker. If the internal circuit board gets wet then it will get damaged. You will then need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having power issues on this Bluetooth speaker can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.