The JBL Boombox 2 will not charge problem that you are experiencing can be caused by several factors. It could be caused by the speaker settings, bad charging port, defective charging cable, or a faulty charger. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The JBL Boombox 2 is a portable Bluetooth speaker that delivers a loud volume and powerful bass. It’s designed to be used outdoors and can withstand the occasional water splashes. Some of its features include an IPX7 waterproof design, 24 hour playback on a single charge, and it can even charge your smartphone just to name a few.
Technical specs of JBL Boombox 2:
- Transducers: woofer 2 x 106mm (4″), tweeter 2 x 20mm (0.75″)
- Rated output power: 2 x 40 W RMSwoofer + 2 x 40 W RMS-tweeter (AC mode); 2 x 30 W RMS-woofer + 2 x 30 W RMS-tweeter (battery mode)
- Power input: 24V/4.2A
- Frequency response: 50Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 80dB
- Battery type: Li-ion polymer 72.6Wh
- Battery charge time: 6.5 hours (24V/4.2A)
- Music play time: up to 24 hours (dependent on volume level and audio content)
- USB charge out: 5V/2.0A (maximum)
- Bluetooth version: 5.1
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2.402GHz – 2.480GHz
- Bluetooth transmitter power: ≤ 10dBm (EIRP)
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 484 x 201 x 256 mm (19.1″ x 7.9″ x 10.1″)
- Weight: 5.9 kg (13 Ibs)
What to do when your JBL Boombox 2 won’t charge
One problem that you might encounter with your Boombox 2 Bluetooth speaker is when you won’t be able to charge it. This can be an annoying issue especially if the speaker is running low on power as you won’t be able to use it. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset the JBL Boombox 2
The first troubleshooting step you will need to do is a factory reset or hard reset. This will remove the data stored on the Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection or when it doesn’t turn on.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Remove the charging cord from the speaker.
This will ensure that the device will not be charging.
- Turn on the speaker.
You can do this by pressing on the Power button.
- Press and hold the Volume + button and Play button.
Do this for not less than 3 seconds or until the speaker restarts.
Try checking if you can charge the speaker.
Method 2: Dirt present in the charging port
When you use this speaker outdoors it will be exposed to dirt or debris . If this gets in the charging port then it will prevent the speaker from being charged. Try to inspect the charging port of the Bluetooth speaker and if you find any dirt or debris then you can clean this off using a toothpick or you can try blowing into it until it gets removed. Once done, check if you can charge it.
Method 3: Try using a different charger to fix JBL Boombox 2 will not charge issue
It’s possible that the charger you are using to charge the speaker is defective. Try using another charger on this speaker then check if the issue still occurs.
Method 4: Defective battery
A damaged battery will prevent the speaker from being charged. If this is the cause of the problem then replacing the battery will fix this. It’s recommended that you have this done at a service center.
Some reasons as to why a battery will get damaged is repeated overcharging or constant exposure to heat such as when you leave the speaker under the sun.
Method 5: Defective circuit board
The internal components of the speaker will get damaged if it comes in contact with water. If this is what’s causing the problem then you will need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having charging issues on your Bluetooth speaker can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.