The JBL Partybox 300 will not connect to Bluetooth prevents you from connecting the speaker to your music source. There are factors that can cause this such as low battery power, device not paired, or device not within range. You need to do several troubleshooting steps to fix this.
The JBL Partybox 300 is a large outdoor Bluetooth speaker that has built-in RGB lighting and is usually being sold for US$500. It can be positioned vertically or horizontally and provides a louis sound with an impressive bass boost. Some of its features include an 18 hour music playback time on a single full charge, mic and guitar inputs, and USB playback just to name a few.
Technical specifications of JBL Partybox 300:
- Power Inputs: 100–240V AC and 12V DC
- Input Terminals: RCA L/R, USB port, 3.5mm Aux-in, Mic/Guitar with volume control
- Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth Technology
- Output Terminals: RCA L/R
- TWS (True Wireless Stereo) connecting up to
- 2 party speakers using Bluetooth technology
- Bass Boost: Yes
- Frequency Response: 45Hz–20kHz
- Product dimensions (W x D x H):
- 310 x 320 x 690mm
- Bare Product Weight: 15.84kg
- Packaging dimensions (W x D x H): 374 x 375 x 795mm
- Product weight with packaging: 17.96kg
- Transducers: 2 x 6.5″ woofer, 3 x 2.5″ tweeter
- Battery type: Lithium-ion 74.88Wh (equivalent to 7.2V 1040mAh)
- Battery charge time: 5 hours
- Battery Playtime: 18 hours
What to do when your JBL Partybox 300 connect to a Bluetooth device
One problem that you might encounter with your Partybox 300 Bluetooth speaker is when you can’t connect it to your smartphone. This can be an annoying issue especially if you want to play your favorite music. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset
A factory reset or hard reset is a procedure that will delete any of data you made on this speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to perform whenever you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection or when there are charging problems.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button.
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Play button.
Do this until the device turns off which should be around 10 seconds.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button. The device should now be in pairing mode.
After performing these steps try pairing the Bluetooth speaker.
Method 2: Charge the JBL Partybox 300 speaker
One factor that can cause this problem is if the battery of the speaker has been fully drained of charge. Try charging the speaker using the AC power adaptor and see if this fixes the problem. You just need to plug one end of the AC power cord to the wall outlet then plug the other end to the power connector at the back of the speaker. Leave the speaker charging until the battery charging indicator is full which should be in 5 hours. Once the charging process is complete try turning on the speaker.
Method 3: Pair the Bluetooth device
There’s a possibility that the problem is caused by the Bluetooth speaker being currently paired to another device. To fix this you will need to pair the speaker again.
- Turn on the Partybox 300.
- Press and hold down the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds
- When the blue light will begin flashing the Bluetooth speaker is ready to pair and connect.
Make sure your phone or other Bluetooth device is scanning for a connection so that the speaker name will appear on it. Try connecting to the speaker.
Method 4: Device is not in range
To make sure that you get the best listening experience using this Bluetooth speaker, the device it is connecting to should not be more than 100 feet away. This range will decrease if there are a lot of obstructions or signal interferences such as walls or radios between both devices.
Try moving the speaker and device it is connecting to closer then check if the problem still occurs.
Having connection issues on a Bluetooth speaker can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.