The “JBL Pulse 4 will not turn on” issue that you are experiencing can be caused by several factors. It could be due to a glitch in the software, bad battery, faulty charging cable, or a defective charger. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The JBL Pulse 4 portable Bluetooth speaker that’s best known for its 360 degree LED light that pulses to the beat of the music. Some of its features include a 12 hour playback time on a full charge, excellent sound quality, and an IPX7 build quality.
Technical specifications of the JBL Pulse 4:
- Support: A2DP V1.3, AVRCP V1.6
- Transducer: 2.25 inch
- Rated power: 20W RMS
- Frequency response: 70Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >80dB
- Battery type: Lithium-ion polymer 26 Wh (3.6V, 7260mAh)
- Battery charge time: 3.5 hours (5V/3A)
- Music playtime: up to 12 hours (varies by brightness & volume level and audio content)
- Bluetooth transmitter power: ≤10dBm
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2.402 – 2.480GHz
- 2.4GHz SRD frequency range: 2.407 – 2.475GHz
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4-DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 96 x 96 x 207mm
- Weight: 1260g
What to do when your Pulse 4 won’t turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your Pulse 4 Bluetooth speaker is when you can’t power it on. This can be an annoying issue especially if you want to use it to listen to your favorite music. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on Pulse 4
The first thing you will need to do in this case is a factory reset or hard reset. This will wipe out data on this speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to perform whenever you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a bluetooth connection or when there are charging problems.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Play button.
Do this until the device turns off which should be around 5 seconds.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button. The device should now be in pairing mode.
Method 2: Charge the speaker
If the speaker has a drained battery then it won’t turn on when you press its power button. To fix this problem all you need to do is to charge the speaker.
- Insert the USB-C charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Insert the other end of the USB-C charging cord to a USB wall charger with an output of not greater than 3.0A.
- Connect the wall charger to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 3.5 hours then check if the speaker can now turn on.
Method 3: Faulty battery
You won’t be able to turn on this speaker if its 7260 mAh Li-ion battery is damaged. The best way to proceed in this case is to replace the battery with a new one. It’s recommended that you have this done at a service center.
Some of the causes why a battery will fail is if it is constantly being overcharged or when it is always being exposed to heat. These factors will rapidly degrade the battery performance.
Method 4: Faulty circuit board
Even though this speaker has an IPX7 rating it is still possible for water to get inside it. If the circuit board gets wet then there’s a possibility that it will get damaged. If this is what’s causing the problem then you will need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having power issues on your Bluetooth speaker can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.