The JBL Jr Pop Bluetooth not connecting problem prevents you from connecting the speaker to your music source. There are several factors that can cause this such as low battery power, device not paired, or device not within range. You need to do several troubleshooting steps to fix this.
The JBL Jr Pop is a portable Bluetooth speaker designed specifically to be used by the younger crowd. It comes in various colors and can be easily clipped to a bag. Some of its features include an IPX7 waterproof design, wireless Bluetooth streaming, and up to 5 hours of playtime on a single charge.
Technical specifications of JBL Jr Pop:
- Bluetooth version: 4.2
- Support: A2DP V1.2, AVRCP V1.5
- Transducer: 1.5inch
- Rated Power: 3W RMS
- Frequency response: 190Hz–20kHz
- Signal to noise ratio: ≥80dB
- Battery type: Li-ion Polymer battery (3.7V/600mAh)
- Battery charge time: 2H
- Charging Input: 5V/0.5A
- Music playtime: 5H
- Bluetooth transmitter power: 0-4dB
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2.402–2.480GHZ
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK/DQPSK/8DPSK
- Dimension (H x W x D): 39.7mm x 87.8mm x 75.5mm
- Weight: 121.2g
What to do when your JBL Jr Pop cannot connect to a Bluetooth device
One issue that you might encounter with your Jr Pop Bluetooth speaker is when it doesn’t connect to a smartphone. This can be an annoying problem especially if you want to play your favorite music on the speaker. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on JBL Jr Pop
The first thing you will need to do in this case is a factory reset or hard reset. This is a procedure that will erase the data on this speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to perform whenever you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection or when there are charging problems.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Turn on the Jr Pop.
You can do this by pressing on the power button.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Bluetooth button until the light starts flashing white.
This will initiate the reset process.
After performing these steps try pairing the Bluetooth speaker. Make sure to forget this speaker connection name on your phone before connecting to it.
Method 2: Pair the Bluetooth device
Sometimes the problem is caused by the Bluetooth speaker being currently paired to another device. To fix this you will need to pair the speaker again.
- Turn on the Jr Pop.
- Press and hold down the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds
- When the blue light begins flashing the Bluetooth speaker is ready to pair and connect.
Make sure your phone or other Bluetooth device is scanning for a connection so that the speaker name will appear on it. Try connecting to the speaker.
Method 3: Charge the speaker to fix Jr Pop not connecting to Bluetooth issue
One factor that can cause this problem is a low battery charge. To fix this problem all you need to do is to charge the speaker.
- Insert the micro USB charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Insert the other end of the micro USB charging cord to a USB wall charger with an output of not greater than 2.0A.
- Connect the wall charger to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 2 hours then check if the Bluetooth problem still occurs.
Method 4: Device is not in range
Ideally, you will want the speaker and the device it is connecting to, to be 100 feet from each other. This range will decrease if there are a lot of obstructions or signal interferences such as walls or radios between both devices.
Try placing the speaker and the device it is connecting to side by side then check if the problem still occurs.
Having the JBL Jr Pop not connecting to Bluetooth can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.