The JBL Boombox 2 will not turn on problem can be caused by several factors. The battery might be drained, there might be a glitch in the software, or this might be caused by a hardware problem. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The Boombox 2 is a large portable Bluetooth speaker that provides a loud sound and deep bass that’s perfect to use outdoors. At a price tag of US$500 it’s definitely a great investment if you need a great portable sound system. Some of its features include an IPX7 waterproof design, 24 hour playback on a single charge, and it can even charge your smartphone just to name a few.
Technical specs of Boombox 2:
- Transducers: woofer 2 x 106mm (4″), tweeter 2 x 20mm (0.75″)
- Rated output power: 2 x 40 W RMSwoofer + 2 x 40 W RMS-tweeter (AC mode); 2 x 30 W RMS-woofer + 2 x 30 W RMS-tweeter (battery mode)
- Power input: 24V/4.2A
- Frequency response: 50Hz – 20kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 80dB
- Battery type: Li-ion polymer 72.6Wh
- Battery charge time: 6.5 hours (24V/4.2A)
- Music play time: up to 24 hours (dependent on volume level and audio content)
- USB charge out: 5V/2.0A (maximum)
- Bluetooth version: 5.1
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2.402GHz – 2.480GHz
- Bluetooth transmitter power: ≤ 10dBm (EIRP)
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 484 x 201 x 256 mm (19.1″ x 7.9″ x 10.1″)
- Weight: 5.9 kg (13 Ibs)
What to do when your JBL Boombox 2 won’t turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your Boombox 2 Bluetooth speaker is when it fails to power on. This can be an annoying issue especially if you want to use it listen to your favorite music. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on JBL Boombox 2
The first troubleshooting step you will need to do is a factory reset or hard reset. This procedure deletes the data stored on the Bluetooth speaker and brings it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection or when it doesn’t turn on.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Remove the charging cord from the speaker.
This will ensure that the device will not be charging.
- Press and hold the Volume + button and Play button.
Do this for not less than 3 seconds or until the speaker restarts.
Method 2: Charge the speaker to fix will not turn on issue
If the battery of the speaker is drained of charge then you won’t be able to turn this on. To fix this you will just need to charge the speaker.
- Insert the power adapter charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Connect the power adapter to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 6.5 hours then check if the device will turn on.
Method 3: Faulty battery
A damaged speaker battery will prevent the device from turning on. Replacing the battery will fix this however it is recommended that you have this done at a service center.
Some of the causes why a battery will fail is if it is constantly being overcharged or when it is always being exposed to heat. These factors will rapidly degrade the battery performance.
Method 4: Faulty circuit board
Although this speaker has a waterproof rating it is still possible for certain liquids to enter the device especially if the seals are broken. If the circuit board gets wet then it will get damaged. You will then need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having power issues on this Bluetooth speaker can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.