The Garmin Fenix 5 Plus is a standalone smartwatch which you can use without needing any other devices. However, there are certain features and services that you can enjoy if you pair and connect it to a smartphone. In fact, you’ll enjoy its full potential if it’s connected to your phone and that’s the reason why majority of the users make this smartwatch work side-by-side their Android or iOS devices.
Garmin did put some effort in making its devices run smoothly but nothing is perfect so there would always comes a time when you’ll encounter issues every now and then. The most commonly reported problems with this device has something to do with its syncing capabilities. Some users reported that their Fenix 5 Plus no longer syncs properly with their phones. If you’re one of the owners of this smartwatch, you need to perform troubleshooting procedures to fix the problem.
In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your Garmin Fenix 5 Plus that’s not syncing anymore. However, if you are looking for a solution to a different issue, visit our Fenix 5 Plus troubleshooting page as we already solved some of the issues with this smartwatch. Take a little time browsing through that page to find issues that are similar with yours. If ever you need more help, feel free to contact us by filling up our questionnaire and hitting submit.
Going back to our troubleshooting, here are the things you need to do if your Fenix 5 Plus no longer syncs properly…
- Turn off your smartphone and your Fenix 5 Plus and turn them back on again.
- Enable Bluetooth technology on your smartphone.
- Update the Garmin Connect Mobile app to the latest version.
- Remove your device from the Garmin Connect Mobile app to retry the pairing process.
- If you are using an Apple device, you should also remove your device from the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone.
- Make sure that your smartwatch is within 20 feet of your phone.
- Factory reset your Fenix 5 Plus and re-pair it with your phone.
You must begin your troubleshooting by refresh both your smartphone and your watch. A simple reboot often fixes a problem like this. I suggest you reboot your phone first and then turn off your Fenix 5 Plus and turn it back on. Both will reconnect and try to see if the syncing works properly this time.
Another thing you must do is make sure that Bluetooth is working properly on both devices. As you know, it’s the technology that make your watch work with your phone. You may try disabling Bluetooth and then enable it back to refresh the connection.
On your phone, you may also want to remove the Garmin Connect Mobile app and then download and reinstall it. It will make sure that you have the latest version of the app running on your device. After that, try to see if the problem is fixed but if still not, then it’s time to factory reset your Garmin Fenix 5 Plus. Here’s how it’s done:
- Hold MENU.
- Select Settings > System > Reset.
- To reset all of the device settings to the factory default values and delete all user-entered information and activity history, select Delete Data and Reset Settings.
- If you have set up a Garmin Pay wallet, this option deletes the wallet from your device. If you have music stored on your device, this option deletes your stored music.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!