In order for the notifications from your Android to reach your Fitbit Ionic, both devices have to be properly paired and connected. Needless to say that if problems regarding notifications occur, the first thing you have to do is make sure the connection is stable although there are also other factors you have to consider like app failure, firmware issues, etc.
In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your Fitbit Ionic that can no longer receiving notifications from your Android device. There have been a lot of reports from owners of this tracker saying the same thing. It’s a widespread issue and many have actually been able to fix it and I will share with you the solution they used. So, continue reading this article as it might be able to help you one way or another.
Before we move on, if you found this post while trying to look for a solution to a different problem, then visit our Fitbit Ionic troubleshooting page for we have already solved some of the most common issues with this tracker. Browse through and page and find issues that are similar with yours. Feel free to use our solutions and troubleshooting procedures. If you still need further assistance, fill up our questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
- Restart your phone, turn off Fitbit Ionic and turn it back on.
- Make sure your tracker is within 20 feet of your smartphone.
- Verify that your phone isn’t connected to any Bluetooth accessory but your tracker.
- Make sure notification is enabled from the Fitbit app.
- Refresh connection between your phone and tracker.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
- Factory Reset your Fitbit Ionic.
More often than not, this problem is temporary and there were users who reported that the problem was fixed on its own. But the best way to address it is to restart both devices. So, reboot your smartphone first and then follow these steps to restart your Ionic:
- On your watch, open the Settings app > About > Shutdown > confirm the shutdown.
- To turn your watch back on, press any button.
Once both devices have been rebooted, try to see if notifications show in real time on your tracker from your phone. If still not, then make sure that both devices are within 20 feet of each other. The connection between them is through Bluetooth and distance is key to its stability.
The next thing to do is to make sure your smartphone is paired with your tracker, at least, while you’re troubleshooting the problem. You have to go to Bluetooth settings on your phone and see if it’s properly paired and connected to your Ionic. Then do this:
- Open the Fitbit app
- Go to Account and then select your Fitbit Ionic.
- Select Call and text notifications.
- Make sure the Enable Notification Widget is turned on.
If notifications are still not sent to your tracker after this, then it’s time to refresh the connection between the devices. It means that you have to unpair them, delete their current connection. If your phone has the Reset Network Settings option, do that. After which, pair them again and see if the notifications work this time.
The next thing you should do if the notifications are still not working is to uninstall the Fitbit app from your smartphone and then reinstall it. This should usually fix minor issues like this. However, if it continues, then you have to factory reset your Fitbit Ionic.
- Remove the Ionic from your account.
- Delete the bluetooth pairing.
- Press and hold all buttons on the device.
- Wait until the Fitbit logo disappears, then release the bottom right button.
- Wait until you feel a vibration, then release the other buttons.
- You will probably see a red X message, just ignore that and setup the device again.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.