Although it is not exactly laborious to unlock a Galaxy Note10+ screen by pressing a button, it may now seem unnecessary since you can now unlock using your face. Galaxy Note10+ Face Recognition feature makes your phone more functional than ever but it’s not without a cost. It is less secure than other screen unlock options like PIN, password, fingerprint or pattern but if you want a secondary way to unlock, it will do.
Face Recognition feature works great with Lift to wake feature. If you plan on using this feature, be sure to also enable Life to wake.
Related reading: Galaxy Note10+ Lift To Wake: turn on screen quickly
How to enable Galaxy Note10+ Face Recognition
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Biometrics and security.
- Tap Face recognition.
- Put in your screen unlock option like PIN, Password, or Pattern.
- If it’s your first time to setup Face Recognition, you must set up a screen lock option first (PIN, Password, or Pattern). After that, follow the steps below.
- From the ‘Are you wearing glasses right now’ screen, select ‘yes’ or ‘no’ then tap Continue.
- While holding the phone 8-20 inches away, position your face within the circle displayed on-screen.
- From the Useful features menu, tap the switch to turn each option on Switch on or off Switch off then tap OK (bottom).
- Stay on Lock screen. Once unlocked, remain on the lock screen until you swipe.
- Faster recognition. When off, greater security is provided making it harder to unlock your phone using an image or video.
- Lift to wake. Wake your phone by picking it up. Face recognition will be ready as soon as you pick up your phone.
- Brighten screen. Temporarily increases screen brightness to improve facial recognition in the dark.
- Tap the Face unlock switch to turn facial recognition on.
Having Issues with your phone? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.