If you own a #Samsung #Galaxy #Note9 then you probably are enjoying watching some of your favorite streaming videos on the phone. This comes in handy while you are on the go such as on a train or on a bus as you won’t miss your favorite shows. If you are at home and own a large TV with an HDMI port then you can further enhance your viewing experience by using your phone to stream content to your TV. One of our readers would like to know how to connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to their TV. This can be done by several methods which we have outlined below.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Connect Samsung Galaxy Note 9 To TV
Problem: Hi, I recently purchased a HDMI cord to plug into my tv so that I could watch Prime video, spectrum. The cord that I purchased does not have the correct end for my phone. I brought it in to BEst Buy to see if I could purchase an adapter and they informed me that my Galaxy Note 9 would not work with any cord to watch these stations and that I would have to purchase either a firetv stick or the roku. Is there a cord that will work instead of spending a lot of money on a stick???? thank you in advance.
Use the Official Samsung USB-C to HDMI Adapter
This is the accessory you will need that is sold at Authorized Samsung stores which will allow your phone to connect to your TV. One end of the adapter plugs to the USB-C port of the phone while the other end connects to the HDMI port of your TV. Using this adapter you will be able to view movies or photos from your phone to your TV. This adapter supports TV sets with signals up to 4K at a 60Hz refresh rate.
Use a third party USB-C to HDMI Adapter
If you are unable to get your hands on an official Samsung USB-C to HDMI adapter then you can use one coming from another company as this will also do the same job. Make sure to choose one that does not cost cheap as this usually means that it has a lower quality due to the manufacturer skimping on the materials.
Use the Samsung DeX Station
If you have the Samsung DeX Station you can use this to connect your phone to your TV. You don’t need a USB-C to HDMI adapter since all you will need is the regular HDMI cord which you already have right now.
To use the DeX Station
- Connect the charger to the DeX Station’s charger port (USB Type-C). Use only the Samsung approved charger supplied with your smartphone.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the DeX Station’s HDMI port, and plug the other end of the cable into a TV HDMI port.
- Use a wired network by connecting the wired LAN to wired LAN port, if you do not want to use a Wi-Fi network or your smartphone’s wireless data
- Press on the front of the DeX Station cover to use the cover as a smartphone support. You can now see the smartphone connector.
- Connect your smartphone’s multipurpose jack to the smartphone connector on the DeX Station.
- The Samsung DeX app will launch on your smartphone. On your smartphone’s screen, select the screen mode you want to use. You can choose from Samsung DeX mode or screen mirroring mode.
- Tap the All apps button to view your smartphone’s apps.
- Select the apps you want to use.
Connect to the TV using Smart View
If you own one of the latest Samsung TV models that has a Smart View feature then you can enjoy content stored on your mobile and PC easily on your Samsung Smart TV.
To use this feature follow the steps listed below.
- Connect your phone and TV to the same network.
- On your phone download Samsung Smart View from the App Store, Google Play, or Samsung Galaxy Apps.
- Launch the app and follow the steps to set up Smart View.
Connect to the TV using Chromecast
One of the easiest ways to connect your phone to the TV without the hassle of wires is by using the Google Chromecast.
- Connect the Chromecast to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Make sure that the Chromecast and Galaxy Note 9 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure the Google Home app is already installed on your Galaxy Note 9.
- Once the Home app is connected with your Chromecast, apps will now have a “Cast” option.
- You can now mirror the screen of your Note 9 from the Home app by selecting > “Cast screen/audio“.
Connect to the TV using Miracast
This phone supports the Miracast technology which you can use if your TV is a Smart TV with MIracast feature. Miracast doesn’t need a wireless router since it uses WiFi Direct which is like Bluetooth but for devices that support WiFi.
To use Miracast
- Pull down the notification panel on top of your screen.
- Look for the Samsung Connect and tap on it.
- Select your TV from the available list.
- If your TV is shown, tap on “Add device manually” and add your TV.
- Your Note screen gets mirrored on the TV when the setup is completed.