Is your Hisense TV not connecting to your Wi-Fi network? There are several factors that can cause this connection problem such as a software glitch, a setting issue, or even a poor internet connection signal strength. To fix this, you will need to perform several troubleshooting steps.
Hisense is a popular Chinese electronics manufacturer that’s probably best known for their high quality and cutting edge TV models. If you are looking for Smart TV that does not cost a lot but offers great features then the Hisense TV is the perfect choice. The company offers several Smart TV models ranging from LED 4K models to MIni-LED ULED 4K models.
Why is my Hisense smart TV not connecting to Wi-Fi?
One of the issues that you might experience with your Hisense Smart TV is when it is not able to connect to your WiFi network This can be because the WiFi router has no internet access coming from your internet service provider or it could be due to a Wi-Fi connection issue with your TV.
You will know that you are having this particular problem when the streaming show you are watching suddenly stops or freezes. This usually means that the internet connection is not working or the Hisense Smart TV network connection has disconnected from the router.
Here’s what you can do to fix Hisense TV not connecting to wireless network issue.
Solution 1: Power cycle your Hisense TV
The first thing you will want to do when experiencing Hisense TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi issue is to do a power cycle. This will refresh the TV software and get rid of any corrupted temporary data that could be causing the issue.
Power cycle Hisense TV
- Turn off the Hisense TV using the remote control.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Plug the power cord into a wall socket and then turn on the Hisense TV.
After the power cycle process has completed try checking if the Hisense TV not connecting to Wi-Fi issue still occurs.
Solution 2: Power cycle your WiFi router
Sometimes an issue with the WiFi router can prevent your Hisense TV from connecting to it. Restarting the WiFi router will usually fix most of the wireless network issues .
Unplug the power to your modem/router and wait about 60 seconds.
Reconnect the power to your modem/router and make sure it’s turned on.
Wait until the device is finished making it’s connection to the internet and your network.
Check the internet connection using your Hisense TV.
Solution 3: Check the internet connection of your Hisense TV
If your Hisense TV is connected to the wireless network but there is no internet connection or if the connection is slow then you will need to do a speed test to determine the exact speed of your Wi-Fi network.
Checking your internet speed
- Open a browser on your Hisense TV.
- Go to speedtest.net. This is an online speed test tool that is free to use.
- Click on Go. This will start the speed test.
The internet speed result should match your subscription plan from your internet service provider.
If you have a slow or no internet, then you can check if this is caused by an issue with your Wi-Fi network.
- Turn off the Hisense TV.
- Unplug your Modem and Router from the power source.
- Wait for a minute then plug your modem and router back into the power source.
- Wait until the lights turn back on.
- Turn on the Hisense Smart TV.
- Reconnect your Hisense Smart TV to the WiFi network.
Here’s what you can do to get a stable internet signal.
- Try to disconnect other devices connected to the Wi-Fi router while you using your Hisense TV. This will allow the TV to use the maximum internet bandwidth.
- Move the Hisense TV closer to the router if you are getting a weak Wi-Fi signal. This will allow the device to get a much stronger Wi-Fi signal strength.
- If you have a dual band router, try to connect the Hisense TV to the 5Ghz band instead of the 2.4.
Solution 4: Perform a network reset on your Hisense TV
There are instances when a glitch in the network connection setting of your Hisense TV will cause this particular issue to occur. You should try resetting the network connection and check if this fixes the problem.
Hisense TV network reset
Navigate to the main menu of your TV using the remote control.
Select General settings.
Select Network Status.
Click on Network Reset.
Once the network reset is complete your Hisense TV will lose its wireless connection. You need to manually connect to the Wi-Fi network again. Take note that you will need the correct WiFi password to be able to connect the TV to the router.
Connect to Wi-Fi on a Hisense TV
Navigate to the main menu of your TV using the remote control.
Select the Network Configuration option.
Pick “Wireless” and choose your Wi-Fi network.
Enter the WiFi password and hit the “OK” button on your remote. Your TV should now be connected to the network.
Try checking if the Hisense TV not connecting to Wi-Fi issue still occurs.
Solution 5: Connect Hisense TV to the internet using a wired connection
If you don’t have a WiFi network or if the WiFi network you have is experiencing issues then you can still connect your Hisense TV to the internet using a wired connection. Most Hisense TVs feature a built-in ethernet port allowing it to connect to the internet using an ethernet cable.
Using a wired connection on Hisense TV
Find an ethernet cable compatible with the port on your Hisense TV.
Plug in one end of your cable to the internet router and connect the other to the TV. Make sure both ends are connected correctly.
Use your remote to access Hisense TV settings.
Go to the Network section.
Access the Network Configurations screen.
Enable LAN and follow the on-screen prompts to link your Hisense TV to your ethernet network.
Try checking if the Hisense TV not connection to internet issue still occurs.
Solution 8: Factory Reset Hisense TV
If your Hisense TV still can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network then consider doing a factory reset. This will bring back the TV to its default factory settings and usually fix any problems caused by a corrupted Hisense TV software.
Performing factory reset on Hisense TV
- Press MENU on your Hisense Smart TV remote
- Select Support and confirm your selection by clicking Enter, OK, or Select.
- Click Self Diagnosis and confirm by pressing Enter.
- Select the last option, which is Reset.
- Enter your security PIN, usually 0000, to confirm your request.
- Reset your Hisense Smart TV to factory settings
After the factory reset has completed try checking if your Hisense TV connect to WiFi network.
Solution 9: Contact Hisense support
There are instances when the problem can already be caused by a faulty hardware component. The Wi-Fi board might already be damaged in which case you will need to contact the nearest Hisense service center and have the TV fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I connect my Hisense TV to a Wi-Fi router?
You can connect your Hisense TV to the Wi-Fi router by going to Network Settings, selecting Wi-Fi, and selecting your Wi-Fi. Now click on Connect.
- How to fix red light on my Hisense TV blinks two times?
This means that your TV has a faulty backlight. Have this repaired at a service center.
- How to fix red light on my Hisense TV blinks three to four times?
This means that there is a problem with the internal circuit board of your TV. Have this repaired at a service center.
- How to fix red light on my Hisense TV blinks six times?
This mans that there is an issue with the motherboard or inverter boards. Have this repaired at a service center.
- Why does my Hisense TV turn off when I turn it on?
This could be caused by a problem with the remote control, loose connections, or power supply issues.