Are you experiencing the Hisense Smart TV not loading apps issue? There are several factors that can cause this problem such as a software glitch, poor internet connection, settings issue, or a full storage capacity. To fix this, you will need to perform several troubleshooting steps.
Hisense is a popular TV brand that offers several budget friendly TV models that have great features. Because of its competitive pricing, it’s usually the choice of many consumers looking to buy Smart TVs that does not cost a lot. The company is also an OEM which means that they also sell their products to other companies which will rebrand the products as their own.
Why is my Hisense Smart TV not loading apps?
One of the issues that you might encounter with your Hisense Smart TV is when it does not load apps. Trying to open the installed apps does nothing at all. This can be a frustrating issue especially if you want to watch the latest shows.
Here’s what you need to do to fix this Hisense Smart TV not loading apps issue.
Solution 1: Power reset your Hisense Android TV
The first thing you will want to do when experiencing Hisense Smart TV apps not working is to power cycle your TV. This will refresh its software and get rid of any corrupted temporary data that could be causing the issue.
Power cycle Hisense Smart TV
- Turn off the Hisense TV using the remote control.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Plug the power cord into a wall socket and then turn on the Hisense TV.
After the power cycle process has completed try checking if the Hisense Smart TV apps are now working.
Solution 2: Check the internet connection of your Hisense Smart TV
Most of the Hisense Smart TV apps will need a fast and active internet connection to work properly. If your Hisense Smart TV has a slow internet speed or not internet connection at all, then there’s a possibility that the streaming apps will not work properly
What you will want to do is to check the internet connection speed of the network that the Hisense Smart TV is connected to.
Checking your internet speed
- Open a browser on your Hisense Smart TV.
- Go to speedtest.net. This is an online speed test tool that is free to use.
- Click on Go. This will start the speed test.
In order for the streaming apps to work properly on Hisense Smart TVs the internet speed should be fast. The results should match your subscription plan from your internet service provider.
If you have a slow or no internet, then you can check if this is caused by an issue with your Wi-Fi network.
- Turn off the Hisense TV.
- Unplug your Modem and Router from the power source.
- Wait for a minute then plug your modem and router back into the power source.
- Wait until the lights turn back on.
- Turn on the Hisense Smart TV.
- Reconnect your Hisense Smart TV to the internet.
Here’s what you can do to get a stable internet signal.
- Try to disconnect other devices connected to the Wi-Fi router while you use the Hulu app. This will allow the Hisense TV to use the maximum internet bandwidth.
- Move the Hisense TV closer to the router. This will allow the device to get a much stronger Wi-Fi signal strength.
- If you have a dual band router, try to connect the Hisense TV to the 5Ghz band instead of the 2.4.
Solution 3: Clear app cache and cache data on Hisense TVs
If the apps installed in your Hisense TV are storing corrupted data then there’s a possibility that these apps will not work. Your Hisense TV has a way of clearing the cached data of apps installed.
Clear cache data
Press Quick menu on the remote control.
Scroll to Settings and press OK.
Scroll to System and press OK.
Scroll to Application Settings and press OK.
Scroll to Clear Cache and press OK.
Select Clear and press OK. The Cache have been deleted.
Scroll to Delete Cookies and press OK.
Select Clear and press OK. The Cookies have been deleted.
The Cache and Cookies have been deleted. Press EXIT to exit.
Try checking if the apps on your Hisense TV are now working.
Solution 4: Reinstall app on Hisense TVs
Sometimes the problem can be caused by an issue with the installed app. You might have a corrupted or outdated app installed in your TV. To check if this is what’s causing the problem you should uninstall then reinstall the app again.
Uninstall apps on your hisense smart tv
- Turn on your Hisense TV and grab your remote and press home button.
- Choose apps section and Press ok.
- Find the application you want to uninstall.
- Highlight application and hold OK button a new window will pop up on your screen.
- Using arrows select uninstall and press ok and confirm ok to uninstall app from Hisense TV.
Install applicaiton on Hisense Android
- Make sure your Hisense Android device is connected to the internet.
- On your Hisense Android TV, open up the Google Play Store and search for the application.
- Once you find the app, select it and then choose Install.
- After the app has finished installing, launch it.
Install Hulu on Hisense Vidaa
- Press the Home button on your Hisense remote control.
- Navigate to the App Store and select it.
- Type the name of the application into the App Store’s search bar.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Press the Install button to download and install the app on your Hisense Vidaa TV.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the app by selecting it from your Hisense TV’s home screen.
Install Hulu on Hisense Roku TV
- Open the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote control.
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to navigate to the Roku Channel Store.
- Select Search Channels from the Store menu.
- Type the application name into the search bar and select the app when it appears in the results.
- Select Add Channel to add the app to your Roku channels list.
- Once the channel has been added, navigate back to the Roku home screen and select the app to launch it.
Solution 5: Perform a software update on your Hisense TV
You should make sure that your Hisense TV has the software update installed to remove any existing bugs that could be causing power issues to occur.
- Press the settings button (it looks like a cog) on your Hisense remote.
- Navigate to “Support”, then “System Update”
- Ensure “Auto Firmware Upgrade” is enabled.
To manually update the TV’s operating system perform these steps.
- Press the settings button (it looks like a cog) on your Hisense remote.
- Navigate to “All”, then “About” and “System Update”.
- Press “Detect” to get the latest TV firmware.
Solution 6: Factory Reset Hisense TV
If the apps are still not working on your Hisense TV then consider doing a factory reset. This will bring back the TV to its default factory settings and usually fix any problems caused by a corrupted Hisense TV software.
- Press MENU on your Hisense Smart TV remote
- Select Support and confirm your selection by clicking Enter, OK, or Select.
- Click Self Diagnosis and confirm by pressing Enter.
- Select the last option, which is Reset.
- Enter your security PIN, usually 0000, to confirm your request.
- Reset your Hisense Smart TV to factory settings.
Solution 7: Contact Hisense support
There are instances when the problem can already be caused by a faulty hardware component. In cases such as this you will need to contact the nearest Hisense service center and have the TV fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to fix apps are buffering on my Hisense Smart TV?
This problem is usually caused by a slow internet connection. Try closing the app then check your internet connection. It's also recommended to power cycle your TV and router to refresh the internet connection.
How do you reset an app on a Hisense TV?
You will need to remove the app from your TV then add it again.
To remove a Hisense native app, navigate to the “Home” screen and select the app in question using your remote’s navigation buttons.
Once you’ve selected the app that you want to delete, press the red button on your remote.
Confirm that you want to delete the app in question by pressing “OK,” and it will get uninstalled.
Navigate to the “Home” screen and select the “App Store” icon.
Go to the “Search” tab and press “OK” on your remote to activate the on-screen keyboard.
Type the name of the desired app and use the D-pad (on the remote) to select it.
Now, press the green button on your remote to add the app to your Hisense TV.
Why can't I get apps on my Hisense TV?
You need to make sure that your TV is connected to a Wi-Fi network and that this network has a good internet connection. You can then get apps from the TV's app store.
Why does my Hisense TV turn off when I turn it on?
This could be caused by a problem with the remote control, loose connections, or power supply issues.
Why does my Hisense TV keep turning off after an update?
If you are experiencing this issue after a system update then try resetting the TV by unplugging it for a minute then plugging it back in. If the issue persists then try to perform a factory reset.