Are you experiencing the Facebook app crashing issue on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4? This is most likely caused by a software glitch usually due to bugs or an outdated software version. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is the latest premium Android smartphone available in the market that sports a foldable form factor. Because of the way it is designed, it can be used just like any other smartphone yet can easily fit in a pocket when folded. Some of its best features include a Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 chip and a battery capacity of 3700 mAh.
Why does the Facebook app keep crashing on my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip?
One of the issues that you might experience when using the Facebook app is when it keeps on crashing or freezing on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4. This can be an annoying experience as you won’t be able to use the app properly.
Here are the possible solutions to fix this problem.
Solution 1: Force stop the Facebook app on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
The first thing you should do when the Facebook app becomes unresponsive on Android devices is to force stop the said app. So, if you are experiencing this issue on your Galaxy Z Flip 4 then you should force close the app.
Force stop Messenger Facebook App
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Apps.
- Find and tap on the Facebook app icon.
- Tap Force stop found on the bottom right corner.
- Tap Ok.
Start the Facebook app then check if it still crashes.
Solution 2: Soft reset your Samsung Galaxy Flip 4
The next thing you will want to do when the Facebook app keeps on crashing on your Galaxy Z Flip 4 is a soft reset. This action will restart your phone and refreshes its operating system which should fix any issues caused by a software glitch.
The soft reset will reboot the operating system of the phone and reload all of its services. Your personal data, files, and apps will remain unchanged.
Restart Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Turn off the Galaxy z Flip 4 by pressing and hold the Bixby button and the volume down button on the side of the device.
- Choose Power off.
- Choose Power off again. The phone will turn off.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Bixby button on the side of the device to turn on the Samsung device.
After the restart has completed try to check if the Facebook app still crashes.
Solution 3: Clear the cache and data of the Facebook app
One possible reason why the Facebook app keeps crashing is because it has some corrupted cached data stored.
In order to make sure that this app is free from corrupted data you will need to clear cache and data of the app.
Take note that when you perform this troubleshooting guide your app login credentials will be deleted. You will need to login again to your account after performing this procedure.
Clear App Cache
- Tap the Settings icon from the Home screen.
- From the Settings menu, tap Apps
- Select Facebook from the list of Apps.
- On the Facebook App info, tap Storage.
- Tap Clear cache at the bottom to clear cache from the app.
- Tap Clear data to delete all residual data accumulated when using the Facebook app.
After clearing the Facebook app cache try checking if it still crashes.
Solution 4: Update the Facebook application
If you are using an outdated software version of any app on your Android smartphone, then it’s very likely that it will crash due to incompatibility issues.
Using an updated Facebook app will most likely have fewer bugs and will also come with enhancements that will improve the overall user experience.
Before proceeding make sure that your phone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection. This is the preferred connection of choice when getting updates instead of a mobile data connection which is usually slow.
UPDATE FACEBOOK APPLICATION FROM PLAY STORE APP
- Swipe up on an empty area from the Home screen, to launch the Apps viewer.
- Tap the Google Play Store icon.
- While on the Google Play Store app screen, tap the Menu icon and then select My apps & games from the menu options.
- Tap Update next to the name of an app to update each application.
- If multiple app updates are available, tap Update All instead.
Try checking if the Facebook app crashes after it has been updated.
Solution 5: Uninstall then install the Facebook Messenger app
If the Facebook app installed in your Galaxy Z Flip 4 is corrupted, then there’s a possibility that this is what’s causing it to crash. The best way to fix this is to remove the corrupted app then install a fresh version from the Google Play Store.
Reinstall an app
- From the Home screen, launch the Apps viewer and then find the Facebook icon.
- Tap and hold on the app icon until the Quick Options menu appears.
- Tap Uninstall from the list of options and tap OK to confirm.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, open the Play Store app.
- While on the Google Play Store, search for Facebook, and then tap Install.
Once the latest version of the app has been installed try checking if the issue still occurs.
Solution 6: Perform a software update on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
It’s always best to get any new software updates as this will usually fix any software bugs present in the older software version that might be causing apps to crash.
Manually getting software update
- Open Settings and scroll all the way down.
- Find and tap Software update.
- Tap Download and install to check for a new update.
Take note that your device will need a stable internet connection to get the update. It’s best to use a Wi-Fi network connection and not a mobile data connection as the former is more stable and faster.
Once the software updates have been installed and your phone is running on the latest version try checking if the issue still occurs.
Solution 5: Perform a factory data reset on your Galaxy Z Flip 4
In case the same problem occurs even after performing the troubleshooting steps listed above then you should consider doing a factory reset.
Before proceeding with this step, you need to back up your phone files. Any photos, files, contact lists, or notes just to name a few that you have saved in your phone will be deleted so make sure to make a backup copy of these.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and side buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons. Allow up to 30 seconds for the recovery screen to appear.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset. You can use the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the side key to select.
- Select Factory data reset. Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
- Select Reboot system now. Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
- Set up your Android phone.
Install the latest Facebook app then try to check if it still crashes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is my Facebook closing all the time?
This can be due to a bug in the app or a corrupted app cache data. Try to clear the cache and data of the app and check if the issue still occurs. If it does, then try uninstalling it then install a fresh version from the Play Store.
- How do I force stop an app in Z Flip 4?
You can perform this procedure by going to Settings > Apps > Select the App > Force Stop at the bottom > OK.
- How do I clear app cache data in Z Flip 4?
Open your Settings and tap Apps.
From the list of Apps that appears, tap on the app that is causing the issue.
Tap Storage > Clear data or Clear cache.
- Can I access my Facebook account without using the app on my Z Flip 4?
You can login to your Facebook account using the mobile browser on your phone.
- How do I wipe cache partition on my Galaxy Z Flip 4?
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.