Is the Disney Plus app not working on your Hisense Smart TV? There are several factors that can cause this problem such as a poor internet connection, server outage, Disney Plus app glitch, or even an error on your Hisense Android TV. To fix this, you will need to perform several troubleshooting steps.
Hisense is a budget TV brand that is popular among consumers who are looking for a TV with premium features that does not cost a lot. The company offers several Smart TV models ranging from LED 4K models to Mini-LED ULED 4K models which is perfect for a home theater set up.
Why is Disney Plus not working on my Hisense TV?
One of the issues that you might experience on your Hisense Android TV is when the Disney Plus app does not work. The app might freeze, buffer, or stop working at all preventing you from accessing your favorite shows such as Star Wars, National Geographic, or the popular Marvel movies.
Here’s what you can do to fix the Disney Plus app issue on Hisense Android TV device.
Solution 1: Power cycle your Hisense TV
The first thing you will want to do when installed apps don’t work on your Hisense Smart TV is to do a power cycle. This will refresh the TV software and get rid of any corrupted temporary data on the Hisense Smart TV apps that could be causing the issue.
Power cycle Hisense TV
- Turn off the Hisense TV using the remote control.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Plug the power cord into a wall socket and then turn on the Hisense TV.
After the power cycle process has completed try checking if the Disney Plus app is working on your Hisense Smart TV.
Solution 2: Check the internet connection
You need to make sure that your Hisense Smart TV is has a good internet connection from your Wi-Fi network. If your Wi-Fi network does not have any connection or if the connection is slow then you will be experiencing issues running the streaming channels such as Disney Plus on Hisense TVs.
Checking your internet speed
- Open a browser on your Hisense TV or smartphone connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
- Go to speedtest.net. This is an online speed test tool that is free to use.
- Click on Go. This will start the speed test.
In order for the Disney Plus app to stream content you should have a fast and stable connection. The results should match your subscription plan from your internet service provider.
The recommended speed to view shows on Disney Plus are as follows:
- 5.0 Mbps for High Definition content
- 25.0 Mbps for 4K UHD content
If you have a slow or no internet then you can check if this is caused by an issue with your Wi-Fi network.
- Turn off your Hisense TV.
- Unplug your Modem and Router from the power source.
- Wait for a minute then plug your modem and router back into the power source.
- Wait until the lights turn back on.
- Turn on the Hisense Smart TV.
- Reconnect the Hisense Smart TV to the internet.
Try to check if the Disney Plus app now works.
Here’s what you can do to get a stable internet signal.
- Try to disconnect other devices connected to the Wi-Fi router while you use Disney Plus app. This will allow the Disney Plus app to use the maximum internet bandwidth.
- Move the Hisense Smart TV closer to the router . This will allow the device to get a much stronger Wi-Fi signal strength.
- If you have a dual band router try to connect your TV to the 5Ghz band instead of the 2.4.
Solution 3: Check for Disney Plus service outage
One factor that can cause the Disney Plus app to have issues on your Hisense Smart TV is if there is a service outage. An outage prevents the app from working preventing you from watching your favorite movies. You can check the status of the Disney Plus server by going to a third party server checker such as DownDetector.
Another way to check for a server outage is by checking the social media accounts of Disney Plus such as Twitter. The company will usually post updates regarding any server issues.
If there is a reported outage then you will have to wait for this to be resolved.
Solution 4: Clear Your Disney Plus App Cache
One of the factors that can cause the Disney Plus app to fail to work on Hisense TVs is a software glitch on the app itself. Clearing the app cache will usually fix this problem.
Clear cache Disney Plus app
Press Quick menu on the remote control.
Scroll to Settings and press OK.
Scroll to System and press OK.
Scroll to Application Settings and press OK.
Scroll to Clear Cache and press OK.
Select Clear and press OK. The Cache have been deleted.
Scroll to Delete Cookies and press OK.
Select Clear and press OK. The Cookies have been deleted.
The Cache and Cookies have been deleted. Press EXIT to exit.
After clearing the cache data try to check if the Disney Plus app is working.
Solution 5: Uninstall then install Disney Plus on Hisense Smart TV
Sometimes the problem can be caused by an issue with the installed app. You might have corrupted or outdated apps installed in your Hisense Smart TV. To check if this is what’s causing the problem you should uninstall then reinstall the Disney Plus application.
Uninstall apps on your hisense smart tv
- Turn on your Hisense TV and grab your remote and press home button.
- Choose apps section and Press ok.
- Find the application you want to uninstall.
- Highlight application and hold OK button a new window will pop up on your screen.
- Using arrows select uninstall and press ok and confirm ok to uninstall app from Hisense TV.
Install applicaiton on Hisense Android
- Make sure your Hisense Android device is connected to the internet.
- On your Hisense Android TV, open up the Google Play Store and search for the application.
- Once you find the app, select it and then choose Install.
- After the app has finished installing, launch it.
Install Hulu on Hisense Vidaa
- Press the Home button on your Hisense remote control.
- Navigate to the App Store and select it.
- Type the name of the application into the App Store’s search bar.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Press the Install button to download and install the app on your Hisense Vidaa TV.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the app by selecting it from your Hisense TV’s home screen.
Install Hulu on Hisense Roku TV
- Open the Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your remote control.
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to navigate to the Roku Channel Store.
- Select Search Channels from the Store menu.
- Type the application name into the search bar and select the app when it appears in the results.
- Select Add Channel to add the app to your Roku channels list.
- Once the channel has been added, navigate back to the Roku home screen and select the app to launch it.
Solution 6: Update the Hisense TV software to the latest version
You should make sure that your Hisense Smart TV has the latest software update installed to remove any existing bugs that might be present in the current firmware version of your TV which is causing the Disney Plus app issue.
Updating Hisense Android TV
Make sure that your TV is connected to the internet.
- Open Settings home screen.
- Find and select Device Preferences.
- Go to About.
- Scroll down to System Update.
- Your TV will now look for any available updates
- If there’s an update available, select Update Now to install it.
Updating Hisense Roku TV
- Access the Home screen of your TV by pressing the Home button on the TV Remote.
- Select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select the System option.
- Find and select System Update.
- Select the ‘Check Now‘ option so the TV can check for updates.
- Select Update so that your TV will be updated to the latest firmware.
Try to check if you can now access Disney Plus app.
Solution 7: Factory Reset Hisense TV
If your Hisense TV still can’t use the Disney Plus app then consider doing a factory reset. This will bring back the TV to its default factory settings and usually fix any problems caused by a corrupted Hisense TV software.
Performing factory reset on Hisense Smart TVs
- Press MENU on your Hisense Smart TV remote
- Select Support and confirm your selection by clicking Enter, OK, or Select.
- Click Self Diagnosis and confirm by pressing Enter.
- Select the last option, which is Reset.
- Enter your security PIN, usually 0000, to confirm your request.
- Reset your Hisense Smart TV to factory settings
After the factory reset has completed try checking if the Disney Plus app is now working on your Hisense TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why can't I access the Disney Plus app in my country?
The Disney Plus streaming service is only available in certain countries such as the United States, Netherlands, Canada, and the UK. It will however expand to more countries soon. If you are in an area where the app is noy yet available then the only way you can access this is by using a VPN.
- Can I access my Disney Plus subscription on my mobile device?
You can access Disney+ on your smartphone using the dedicated app which you can download from the Play Store.
- I’m experiencing buffering on Disney Plus on Hisense
Try closing the Disney app then check your internet connection. It's also recommended to power cycle your TV and router to refresh the internet connection.
The recommended speed to view shows on Disney Plus are as follows:
5.0 Mbps for High Definition content
25.0 Mbps for 4K UHD content
- Why can't I get Disney plus on Hisense TV?
You should try updating your TV firmware as the older Hisense Smart TV firmware version might not support the app yet.
- Is there a way to get Disney Plus on an older Hisense TVs?
The three alternative solutions to get Disney Plus on an older TV is by using Roku, Amazon Firestick, or Chromecast.