If you recently got a Nintendo Switch and wanted to buy digital games for your new gaming console, then you need to create a Nintendo Account for this. This is necessary to use online services from Nintendo and in order to purchase digital games from the Nintendo eShop. In this article, you will learn how to create one as we will provide the step by step guide for you.
Age Requirement to Create a Nintendo Account
A Nintendo Account can be created using your social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter or an email address via Google or Apple. However, there are certain age requirements in creating a Nintendo Account and these are as follows:
- Only 13 years old or above can link to these social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Apple or Google
- Nintendo users below 12 years old are restricted to make Nintendo Accounts. The account can only be created within a parent/guardian’s Nintendo Account.
- Users age 18 and above are allowed to create up to five accounts for children under their main Nintendo Account.
How to Create a Nintendo Account
Creating a new Nintendo Account doesn’t cost any amount as this is a single sign-on user account system provided for free. You can use your Nintendo Switch to create an account or access the Nintendo website directly by using a smart device or PC. Check the instructions given below.
Create a new Nintendo Account through the Nintendo Switch
- Go to the Home Screen of your Nintendo Switch.
- Select System Settings.
- Scroll down and select User.
- Select the User Profile you want to connect to your Nintendo Account.
- Select Link to a Nintendo Account. Take note that once an account has been linked to a Nintendo Profile, you will not be able to link the user profile to a different Nintendo Account again.
- Select Create a New Account.
- Select Send account creation instructions via email.
- Enter your email address. Take note that an email address can only be connected to one Nintendo Account.
- Click Send email.
- Access your email on your smart device or a computer.
- Find the message from Nintendo and tap the link provided.
- Select Add account for myself.
- Fill out the necessary fields with your personal information including the desired Sign In ID and password. There are two checkboxes below the line. The first one is automatically checked which indicates that you will receive special offers, game news and other information from Nintendo on your email. You can uncheck this box if you don’t prefer to receive these kinds of information from Nintendo. The second checkbox is for the terms and conditions for Nintendo users.
- Click Submit to complete the registration.
After you have completed the above steps, a five-digit code will be given for your Nintendo Switch. Get your Nintendo Switch and enter the verification code to successfully associate Nintendo Account to your User profile.
Creating an account directly through the Nintendo website
- Go to the official Nintendo Account website.
- Select Create a Nintendo Account. However, if you opt to use your Facebook, Twitter, Apple, or Google account, then select the corresponding icon on this page.
- Select For users age 13 and older age category.
- Fill out the important information including your desired password.
- Unchecked the first checkbox below the line if you do not prefer to receive any messages from Nintendo.
- Click Submit.
- Access your email and look for the verification number sent by Nintendo. You should be able to receive the verification within a few minutes and will expire after an hour. If in case you have not received any codes, select Resend verification code to get a new one.
- Enter the verification code and select Verify.
After these steps are done, you should be able to access your Nintendo Account using your login information that you have created. Also, you can start buying famous games such as Animal Crossing, Super Mario or accessories online for your Nintendo Switch through the Nintendo eShop.
- How To Fix COD Black Ops Cold War Connection Errors | NEW 2020!
- How To Fix NBA 2K21 EFEAB30C Error Code | NEW 2020!
- How To Add A Credit Card To Your Nintendo Account | NEW 2020!
- How To Fix COD Modern Warfare 65536 Error | NEW 2020!
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.